Training Report Mon 21st Feb of some year before 2023

Marty, I understand, is to play with Uni Blues.

2 Likes

I think our scoring wonā€™t be as big of an issue as most seem to make it out be. by sounds of it a lot of players will be rotating forward trying to hit the score board.

I think Mahoney on raido said the other day that the days of having a designated forward to kick your goals are over all about having multiple players that can kick goals

1 Like

Mate, your glass is really empty.

Francis giving himself every opportunity taking 3rd defender.

Smith playing permanent forward should improve our defence up there along with more goals from him

2MP will be consistent again with upside

Stringer I feel will be more up forward with Caldwell our ball winning bull in the middle, giving us x factor

Perkins, Hobbs, Guelfi and Shiel will all rotate through thereā€¦ I think it will be fine and then add Tippa at some point in the year will be a huge bonus.

6 Likes

Yep donā€™t think we will have that much of an issue scoring.

it was the defensive part of the game that was letting us down which the club seemed to heavily focused on this pre season.

1 Like

If we are being optimistic about our forward line- throw in Hurls at some pointā€¦

1 Like

Plus Snelling

3 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Love the little meatball

The power of work he does off the ball to chase and apply pressure gets unnoticed

6 Likes

Iā€™m generally optimistic but I think there is huge uncertainty about our fwd group

Wright may marginally improve, but also may regress without Hooker down there drawing oppositions biggest strongest defender. Plenty of blocking that Hooker did as well for Wright & Jones.

Jones we really need to become the main man quickly but itā€™s a huge ask for a 16game young kpf who was afforded a lot of space playing 3rd tall and had ability to float across the packs that Hooker/Wright had happening drawing the ball to them.

Francis is a big tease, I hope his output can improve but fully expect him to dissapear out of game after half time and not be a scoring threat. Which also means his man can drop off and go help out on Jones/Wright more easily and limit their impact.

Then we have the Walla scenario. Sticking Guelfi/Perkins into his spot isnā€™t going to come close to having the impact he can have when heā€™s up and about. We need him fit firing and back in side ASAP.

Our new fwds coach is going to be earning his keep this year thatā€™s for sure

Hereā€™s hoping we can get on top on midfield and be able to generate more play forward of the contest and running goals from our mids / being spotted up for set shots from 40 out etc.

18 Likes

Well arenā€™t you just a little ray of sunshine.
Better stay out of the mental health thread unless there is a major change of attitude.

Dev should kick a few this yearā€¦

2 Likes

Wright got better once hooker was dropped?

11 Likes

True but improving our defence will help out the forward group a lot. if we can manage to keep the ball locked in our half we should able to hit the scoreboard often.

1 Like

Iā€™m also hoping Langford spends a lot more time forward this yearā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping for the 2018 version of Dev.

2 Likes

So much this. Our forward line looks pretty shaky. But if we can get enough quality ball down there- it should be good enough to kick a decent score.

I suspect our mids as a whole are going to have to contribute 5-6 goals a game for us to win a decent number of matches

1 Like

He was getting back to that version in the back half of the season last year.

2 Likes

Itā€™s your positive attitude that causes issues.

1 Like

And Hurleyā€¦ Av 22 disposals and 8 marks a gameā€¦