Training report - Monday 14 December 2020

Interesting Azza doing running with ALL Mids … :thinking:

10 Likes

Love it!!:eggplant:

2 Likes

It’s also bloody hot outside! well done Frang!

8 Likes

I agree. He is running with the mids so there is no concern for me.

1 Like

Great seeing @MattPocock18 @CJohns @nackers there today. Instantly knew who @nackers was from his binoculars haha . I got there around 8:30am and started doing laps to see if they’d kick me out and they didn’t! So I took the opportunity to take a peek inside the hanger and they were definitely doing drills in there also. Saw Draper and Guelf in there doing some drills for the camera and there was also a larger group of boys doing some stuff later.

What took me by surprise today was the sheer size of Francis. He was the first one out onto the track today with Parish and he was so big (and wearing number 47) that I had to ask the Blitz boys who it was. He looked like a bull… pure solid muscle.

As @CJohns mentioned earlier, he was the only KPP doing the interval running at the end that seemed to go on forever and although falling behind, he did all the work. Ran as long and as frequent as the rest, just not the distance (by around 50m). I really liked seeing this. I don’t think he is unfit for his position, but rather just doing the extra work on his aerobic capacity. I think hes doing everything right for a breakout year. The Francis lid is officially off for me.

Side note… Zerk-Thatcher is huge!.. Over to you @nackers

71 Likes

Or just some rub :+1::sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Are we sure it wasn’t Phillips? :smile:

5 Likes

:metal::guitar::woman_singer: :drum: :saxophone: :beers::beers::man_singer: :violin::face_with_head_bandage::trumpet:

1 Like

Love it

1 Like

When you’re allowed to put on the Blitz sausage sizzle perhaps Franga may run a bit faster.

1 Like

the idea of key forwards with great kicking techniques is very exciting to me.

15 Likes

Takeaways so far… Merrett showing tremendous leadership (surely, as a minimum, he’s back in the leadership group. Surely) and Francis doing the extras as a progression into the midfield (?).

1 Like

Thanks to all of those who have contributed training reports so far.

I know it’s been said before, but blitz can have a meltdown and form opinions on players from the slightest things.

Really glad that Merret is looking sharp and fit and he’s exhibiting leadership qualities, after a lot of people o here suggesting he was disinterested and sulking and we’d be better off without him.

Also glad that Francis went from being unable to keep up and probably out of every blitzers best 22, to a hero who looks huge, fit and was first out and training with the midfielders.

26 Likes

Jones ready to to fill the void of Joe

Daniwho (Bris) - 12 possessions, 8 marks, 0 tackles 2 goals 4 behinds
Josh Eyre (Ess) - 7 possessions, 4 marks, 3 tackles 4 goals 0 behinds.

Hopefully

12 Likes

Should do 400m races bouncing the footy. that should sort them out.

2 Likes

My tip is the lid on won’t last for long.
Dubbo for lid off.

3 Likes

It’s going to be a Jones & Eyre combo for the next 10 -12 years Nino.

GET PUMPED. FARK JOE DANIWHO.

9 Likes

In the future is the consensus
FF Eyre
CHF Jones

Due to Jones greater running capacity. And Eyre looks likely to fill out well.
Or do we have 2 CHF on our hands here.
If add in Cox as third tall forward - would be better than blues tall forward stocks media commentators like to rave about

Curnow/McKay/Casboult/McGovern/De Konig

and that would leave 3 key backs
CHB Reid Ridley
HB Brand

lols Hipwood and Joe missing set shots till the early morning

8 Likes