Training Report - Monday 23rd January

‘Ffs, I’ve drafted two more tall and skinny injury prone blokes again’!

10 Likes

Ahh, so Brad is just copying from his brother.

I guess Geelong are a team built upon having really solid fundamentals, so it’s probably a smart move. But it’d explain why the back six may be (at this stage) Laverde, Kelly, Ridley, Zerk, McGrath and Redman.

Very much along similar lines as Stewart, J Henry, Kolodjashni, De Koning, Z Guthrie and Tuohy. Nowhere near the same quality, but a similar structure.

1 Like

Not a great strike rate for the 4 talls he took in that draft.

1 Like

That one was the dodoro draft that lost me.

Lost me at Cyril.

4 Likes

Had me at hello

If these blokes are permanently injured, might be time to move them on.

Like Carlton did with Harry McKay and Curnow?

26 Likes

More like Johns and Gumbleton.

1 Like

We can be optimistic or pessimistic. I’m confident they’ll be ok in time. They just need to get through the next 12-24 months developmental phase.

3 Likes

80% of the perceived quality of your backline is based on team defense… what the guys upfield are doing

4 Likes

Keen to hear of anyone thoughts on Bryan’s pre season? Has he added any size?

I know he’s young and a ruck and could easily have a 10 year career as a second ruck playing sweet FA, but I’d like to think he would get 8-12 games this year to help his development.

1 Like

Let’s hope so.

As long as enough of the players who we need to develop are actually developing rather than spending more time in the medical room.

1 Like

I believe for Feb the training times may change to Tues, Thu and Sat at 9:30am. They have a session this Wednesday then dont train till the following Tuesday

13 Likes

Yes he has

12 Likes

So do I

Right you are, mate, sorry.
Geez, they are pretty easily confused!

There is the added bonus that with that schedule, the players won’t be training on Super Bowl Monday.

2 Likes

Looks in good nick.

4 Likes