Training report - Monday 6 December 2021

Thanks for the report/s @nackers, they always brighten up and add a bit of excitement to the day/s.

5 Likes

A cacophony of noise - players calling, coaches bellowing and the thud of body on body as immense packs flew, crashed and dissipated like breaking waves.

The strong wind was blowing straight down the ground to the city end - a high ball went through the point post, hit the top of the metal net post and landed on the roof of the community centre whose metal shade slats vibrated and clattered in the wind like some gimcrack Panamanian hump, hump bar.

This was the most vocal and intense training session so far this pre-season. Your reporters clung like blowiers on a windowsill in the forward pocket, buoyed, jubilant at the atmosphere of committed endeavour and burgeoning confidence.

On the high balcony a throng of passionate young footballettes surveyed the scene, no doubt wondering why their male counterparts on the field were robed in pink today. A faint scent of musk drifted down.

Talk turned to Saladin whose mighty scimitar smote the crusaders a thousand years ago - surely his last training report was the best ever seen? Agreed by all. All hail mighty Saladin.

Below lingered a collection of idle dignitaries, the men in dark suits, the women overdressed in gay summer frocks that billowed in the wind. Aloof, phone in one hand, the other in his trouser pocket, stood the Jabberwocky, Gil McLachlan, his thoughts well masked behind dark eyes. Some of your reporters looked daggers and one who never writes, but sees all, had to be quietened.

All eyes and hearts turned to Walla, the mystical peral in the oyster, our match winning small forward. He appears stoic in his determination to rise again. He ran laps, not fast, but better than last week, and when resting at one stage snapped a series of punches at the padding on the point post.

Training was exciting, vocal, hopeful, but it concealed a cancerous chin k in our armour - the delivery of the ball into the forward line. While we revelled in the crash of the pack-marking there was too much claymore and not enough rapier.

THERE WAS VERY LITTLE LEADING AND PINPOINTING OF OUR KEY FORWARDS. ‘Bomb it long and hope for the best’ is still a major weakness and while we all admire the courage of the Charge of the Light Brigade, when the final bugle sounded, that was a defeat.

105 Likes

Terrific reports by all, much appreciated!

Encouraging news re Walla as well.

1 Like

Translation: get stuffed, @saladin.

3 Likes

Imitation is the … ah, forget it. Yep, get stuffed me.

4 Likes

I’d go 29 for Jayden and 36 for Alwyn. Obvious reasons of course

3 Likes

Problem is, if I get to another training session, if he keeps this up, @jackie_mihocek is gonna force me to go full Shakespeare mode !

Or unintelligible gonzo mode.

One or the other.

9 Likes

Thanks for the reports, lads. If we can get most of the list fit and injury free by Christmas, it should bode well.

And … I’m spent.

6 Likes

freeway, past Coleman and Reynolds, from plain of airport to swell of wavepool, brings us by a squiddly woo of cromulence to Hangar, Cafe, and stuff like that.

4 Likes

Can’t train here. This is bat country.

4 Likes

Got my vote!

1 Like

[obligatory @Humble_Minion appearance after someone mentions bats]

8 Likes

Thanks to nackers are a regular thing, and like a couple of others have mentioned, l like the sound of the harder at it 2MP, and the continued good work of Waterman, who many Blitzers sound like they have forgotten about.

Particular thanks go to Jackie M for his return to the role of training reporter, and l note his inimitable reporting style is still intact. Waxing as lyrical as ever. Good show.

12 Likes

Meh. Just report the facts. It’s not the Miles Franklin Awards, FFS.

What did Tiff think of training today? I wonder what her opinion of Archie Perkins is.

1 Like

CHF: Davey Peter Wright Davey
FF: Fejo Tippa Wanganeen

17 Likes

Needs more indigenous.

4 Likes

Hope someone stabbed a torp in the direction of the Jabberwocky

1 Like

OUT: Wright
IN: Eyre

2 Likes