Training report Monday February 4

I can’t recall off top of my head but how many left footers up fwd do we have? Should be smart enough and or enough right footers for him not to lead deep left pocket.
Although Joey do what Joey wants, he kicked a ripper on the run from 50 against Geelong on the left side boundary.

Rutten was supervising his kicking. Didn’t appear to be saying much about technique but it was being filmed so may be discussed later.

He is looking much fitter than a few weeks ago - the question is how he will pull up after match play.

With regard to missing from one side of the ground with a cross wind I suspect the main problem was that he needed to be aiming for the near point post to allow the wind to take it across.

While I’m writing I’ve been told there will be a VFL practice match at Punt Road 2/3.

18 Likes

Practising goal kicking is very like practising putting.
When you are working on your putting technique, you don’t want to be factoring in borrow. You practice hitting it straight on a straight putt. Similarly, Joe should kick straight into whatever wind is blowing on the particular day. He can put a post in the ground anywhere on the playing surface, and then just kick into the wind at that post.
I practice putting straight up hill at a tee in the practice green - no hole involved.

4 Likes

And the Coburg VFL praccy has been changed from Hangar to Crazyburn.

So, the team has gone up the country for a training camp.
Sounds like they will not be training at the Hangar fomorrow?

I look forward to the live calls.

But I should probably look where I’m trekking, too.

1 Like

Is this another date format?
2/3, 2ndMarch2019, 2019-03-02, 2/3/19, 3/2/19…any more bids?

1 Like

I thought it was an apartment address.

4 Likes

Essendon players were in Kyneton and Woodend today assisting the local kids with their training. Apparently they are staying somewhere near Hanging Rock and will visit local schools tomorrow.

4 Likes

Who?

@Deckham and @nackers - You’ve probably mentioned this previously but I can’t recall. Where has Guelfi been predominantly training? With the mids?
Has he done any work in defence?

There’s a certain Saints game where Gleeson marks everything kicked passed halfway for 2 qtrs

Excited to see him back in the side with Franga

2 Likes

I’ve seen him train predominantly as a mid - but he ranges from half back to the forward pockets. In drills, he is always in clearances.

4 Likes

Did he do the round the body kicks or just kick the ball straight?

Clearly Blitz needs to develop a culture and drive standards in time and date format like ISO8601

2 Likes

Hyped to hear Gleeson back running. I hope he can get back into the senior side for round 1.

1 Like

The team is training in Northern Victoria today. Humble NSW Fan ought to have heard something, maybe even drop in on the boys for a Training Report ?

How’s his kicking looked?

Haven’t really noticed, actually. So it didn’t stand out to me either way. He wasn’t the best at set shots last year, was he? Could shank a few.

In general play he was pretty sloppy by foot, to my eye. I’d really love to see him tidy it up, it’s his only real weak point IMO.

He did miss a few of his first set shots but that looked like nerves to me, not bothered too much by that.