Training report - Thursday 11 March 2021

Thanks.
Cox still training at stoppages with Caracella & the mids I see

2 Likes

LSD is a hell of a drug.

3 Likes

Thanks @saladin . Love both your reports - very descriptive :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Really hoping someone is out there tomorrow to give us an idea of how our young guns go. Feeling excited and reinvigorated about the year ahead.

Is perkins our dustin martin?

No. He’s our Perkins, funnily enough.

11 Likes

Think Toby Greene went to Wesley…

Are you on any meds Donni?

Wow Saladin, excellent insights.

I’m up on the Sunshine coast and some of my mates go and watch training and I still get a better report and insights than them, while sitting at home drinking a beer on a lounge by the pool.

Really appreciating everyone’s input and discussions and super keen on this year. Between the youth, trades and new coaching/culture, I’m buzzing. I’m just as keen to watch the VFL (whatever it is now) as much as the season proper.

Keep up the good work everyone, especially from us interstaters! We’re loving it!!

I’m definitely a half full guy at the moment…

7 Likes

Radio KDAD coming to you shortly, paid the big bucks for exclusive coverage of the QLD games.

5 Likes

or a non-delinquant, less rapey, non-dero version of DeGoey

1 Like

That’s exactly who I was thinking. De Goey took a couple of years to really beef up, but he always had that goal-scoring nous. Which Perkins appears to have.

1 Like

Same height, similar marking ability, swagger, skill and impact per possession. I don’t think he’ll get to be the same weight as Degoey though but he’ll have a better tank; maybe Heeney might be a better comparison but I need to see more his contested/onball work. I actaully hope he spends half the season in the VFL so he can get some genuine midfield minutes into him this year after not having any last year.

1 Like

Spoke to Hepp and Zerrett at the Bombers launch at Crown today. Both very friendly and upbeat - fingers crossed we have a good year.

26 Likes

I think the word you’re looking for is ‘laconic’.

1 Like

Perkins himself said he plays like Rozee and aiming to be like Dangerfield

Both of those are actually solid citizens also as Perkins would be as opposed to all the other drop kick players comparing against even if they do have great on field talent

Interestingly Rozee had same uncertainty about his midfield progression also when drafted. But has definitely proven his capacity at Port, but started just in forward line first as Perkins will do.

What lens are you using, Sal, and with an extender?

Will club post videos up latter?

We’re gonna have to develop a new strategy, Hurley is the only person that understands the old one and he’s injured.

4 Likes

I was told Greene went to Xavier.

This is how rumors of Greene coming to Essendon start. Was Dodoro there with him?

4 Likes