Training report - Thursday 14 January 2021

Pre draft an article had it noted most of recruiters as far as selections early in draft had him as a forward

2 Likes

Money on Cox missing the shot intentionally - prefers to be down back

2 Likes

Might think twice about sitting on that fence.

1 Like

He has already spent a fair bit of time there, how much more would he need? This year is make or break for hin

2 Likes

only reason BZT plays VFL is if he is coming back from an injury.

Hes got 2 boys also, however they live with their mum up in northern nsw. Donā€™t think theyā€™re playing footy.
A.Lovettā€¦what could of been

1 Like

So you are saying that Zerk Thatcher is an automatic selection if he is fit. This is definitely not the case. He is entering his fourth year at the club at the start of the 2021 season. If he is not getting a regular game by the end of the year, and he has been relatively injury free, then i doubt he will make it. A big year for him.

5 Likes

Iā€™m saying that he is developing player that has shown enough to not be dropped to the VFL but to continue to learn and grow at the top level.

Iā€™ve seen a lot of him at VFL, wish i could have seen him at AFL level last year but Covidā€¦ (at the ground not TV)

He took some pretty big names and i thought he showed good composure and good kicking, and made same mistakes anyone would in their first year.

I donā€™t think his head is on the chopping block, Iā€™m confident he will take a big step this year :slight_smile:

P.S. Langford took way more than 4 yearsā€¦

1 Like

For some reason i have zero concerns on Cox kicking. He did some alone practice at the end i saw him kick 4 in a row. One thing i will say 3 out 5 sessions i have gone too has been quite windy. I kind of semi-hate we keep training and kicking in those conditions.

13 Likes

I really hope you are right I have always been hopeful he will make it. All that said that after 4 years at the club he will want to to have shown that he will be a regular AFL player.

1 Like

to what?

still be at the club

Yep. I always hated playing in strong winds as a player. Thereā€™s a point of view that if you can master those conditions you should be right when the conditions are favourable but I reckon it just messes with your confidence and your ability to string together good sequences of play in drills or match sim. Iā€™m not sure a lot can be done about it but the joint really is a windswept wasteland. Perhaps even more so than ā€œWindy Hillā€

5 Likes

Langford is getting a regular game. I donā€™t rate Langford as highly as many on this site but he is getting a game. IMO he took a lot of years to become just an OK AFL player.

popcorn.gif

5 Likes

9 Likes

I take it you meant this?

I love the Zerk and think heā€™s progressing well, he had a tough year at times but what key back for us didnā€™t.
Only turned 22 in late August.

1 Like

back at the dees now

Iā€™m hoping the club didnā€™t draft him because heā€™s athletic for a big guy and not worry about footy skills/fundamentals

This is what Iā€™m worried about we tend to draft the athlete first and footballer second.

1 Like