Training report - Thursday 14 January 2021

I keep saying this and I’m convinced it’s the reason we will continue to be bottom 8 no matter how many skilled players we bring into the team.

Last week: Cox is the best kick EVER.

This week: FULL PANIC STATION ALERT.

9 Likes

Cox is meant to be a fantastic kick off either foot.

2 Likes

It’s fascinating how people remember Langfords career to date, IMO he has been good from day 1. I genuinely believe he has improved every season since his first whether that be at AFL or VFL level, last season his spike was a little more noticeable.

People talk about him like he was a bad player and I think that’s a myth.

12 Likes

The reverse can be said about Shiel after some of the recent reports.

Maybe we should all wait for the real stuff before we meltdown

1 Like

Has anyone at the club considered some trees or a well placed hedge?

1 Like

I personally thought Langers should have won most improved in 2018 but they gave it to Myers.

If it wasn’t enough that they were continually playing Myers over him in 2017 they then went and rewarded him with an award that young players generally receive.

6 Likes

Twomey named him most improved that year along with many other reporters.

Kyle Langford
Langford has been made to earn his place in Essendon’s midfield, but now that he’s there looks set for a permanent stay. Langford, who joined the Bombers as a first-round draft pick in 2014, started his career as a half-forward. But after coach John Worsfold identified his future as a tall and strong inside midfielder, Langford went back to the VFL to work on his craft. He played the first two games of this season before being dropped again, but he returned in round nine and has played every game since, including some strong wins against the Eagles, Kangaroos and the Suns. Langford suffered a case of whiplash late in the Bombers’ win over Sydney last Friday but is expected to play this week against Hawthorn.

Langford’s best game in 2018
R17 v Gold Coast. Langford had a career-high 26 disposals against the Suns and 10 inside-50s as Essendon notched up a win on the road.

Other contenders
Shaun McKernan. - Callum Twomey

3 Likes

3 Likes

Haha, yeah he was actually pretty solid that year.

Was fleeting though unfortunately.

100% agree. There’s no turning back now either with the Hangar.

Langford used to be so slow with his decision making. However I liken his trajectory to Hooker. Remember what we thought of him early days?!

1 Like

Buddy chase was the making of Hooker. he was sick and tired of seeing that footage so he did something about and turned himself into a good defender haha

Lets hope a few of his team mates like Francis show the same determination to change their careers around

Was there a story a while back about Langford being mentored by Hird?

Get real he is a kpp they take time. He has shown some signs, no one should be an automatic selection however.

Well we are Essendon supporters after all!

Meh, never took it at the highest mark. He is cooked.

1 Like

Other contender Shaun McKernan The defense rests

You have a short memory.

Joe and Stewart both went down early that year with injury and it was Smack and Brown that stood up in their place. We had some big wins against quality opponents that year and in my opinion played the best footy I have seen in over a decade.

I am saying that by the end of the year he would have had 4 years to establish himself. That can be considered time. As for the are automatic selections, how many of the top players play reserves when coming back from injury, they would have to have been out for a very long time to do it