Training report - TUESDAY 9 March 2021

Stringer will play, kick a few snags then limp off in the last quarter.

3 Likes

I think they took extra precaution with Stringer. If he completes all sessions between now and next week Thursday, then I don’t have an issue with him playing.

I’m far more confident in our current medical team.

8 Likes

The severity of the injury was known on Sunday but unsure on the icing.

7 Likes

do you know where that will be held?

I’ve heard there will also be one this Friday.

8 Likes

I think OP is a little bit different, but yes I remember him in the huddle at that game as well, I posted that he had his thigh strapped, and I think also iced.

A pity as he was playing well at the time then too.

Thanks due to nackers once again for going above and beyond in the service of his fellow Blitzers. Good to hear that we look like having a few of our walking wounded available.

Stringer is the interesting one. He has missed a big chunk of preseason training, and takes a while to get up to speed when he returns from injury. Is he going to play R1? Probably, but l wouldn’t select him, unless he trains the house down and makes it impossible to overlook him. Can Ambrose slot into the team to replace the injured Stewart? That is looking less likely, but is still a distinct possibility.

3 Likes

If doing full training now, I expect stringer and redman to play rd 1

Will be interesting the path they go down with Zaka and Ambrose. Ambrose in particular is one of the fittest at the club so will be interested how they tackle his return

2 Likes

How good is footy you sexy ■■■■■

2 Likes

Are the VFL team in any danger of playing some footy before the season starts?

1 Like

Nackers said a few posts earlier that he’s heard there will be a game on Friday

1 Like

If Stringer is fit play him will need him against Hawks

8 Likes

Agree 100%.

And even if he isn’t fit enough… Just play him anyway.

What’s the worst that could happen? You know what I mean?

6 Likes

It really depends.

Nackers indicated a week or so ago that the way of rehabbing players had changed.

If the club have been very conservative with Stringer and held him back from the main group until they were comfortable with his progress, then round 1 is a good option.

Otherwise, definitely side with the cautious approach.

9 Likes

Dev Smith tested Stringer’s fitness today when he jumped on his back for a piggy-back.

Good to see some levity creeping in.

23 Likes

Was reported last week there will be more people in modified groups for minor things iirc?

1 Like

Do you think Stringer and BZT should be in the mix for round one, given their limited match sim involvement so far this pre-season?

I think its a little bit different depending on position.
Stringer can get away with sitting in the pocket which wont require massive ammounts of running.

Like Dangerfield in a Grand Final?

2 Likes

Stringers forward pressure is near on non existent when fully fit. Playing him off limited fitness with the slower hooker and 2mp in the same forward line it could be a liability.

3 Likes