Training Report Wed 18 Jan 2023

Yeah. That was my take on today.
It was something I was looking for.
Who speaks to who outside of the coaching group.

There were a few times where Merrett was with a few others and just having a chat. But not sure if it was overly instructive or just chewing the fat.
I think Parish is also good at that. Moreso on gamely. But given he’s not there, there’s a bit of a vacuum.

reckon it could be Szybkowski then, decent size, did you notice anything from him during the session?

1 Like

Not really.
But I wasn’t really focussed on him.

I was mainly focussing on a handful of players. Mainly Tsatas, Tippa, the Davey’s, Merrett, Shiel and Perk.
Martin definitely stands out when playing.
I haven’t seen Voss before today but can understand why he is rated here. He’s got a solid footballers body. Same deal with Montgomerie.

6 Likes

Thanks for the brilliant report as always.

I acknowledge Hep is still the loudest but really thats the only objective quality outside of performance that we can measure from our POV as supporters outside the four walls.

Personally I always took more notice of those that are selective with their words than those that talk all the time.

Leadership comes in plenty of different forms.

3 Likes

Reckon I could flat torp him in the back of the head from here.
I won’t…
But I could…

7 Likes

100% agree. When they were doing in tight work I even noticed how quiet he was… there are 2 options here… a. he is trying to bring other leaders in and letting them put up their hand or b. Is telling everyone that he doesn’t want to be captain

Setterfield looks huge.

2 Likes

He’s head and shoulders taller than Guelfi but still smaller than Nic Martin. Both of them are only a little taller than the advertising strip. That picture doesn’t lie

1 Like

Training watchers…any vibes if Munkara will be good enough to play 2023?

I took a few positives from today’s session:

Jones: looks to be well and fit, even if he is a few weeks behind and on some sort of modified program. I hadn’t heard much about him on here and was happy to see him up and going even if he didn’t do everything. We need him to continually improve and get better.

Hobbs: competitive beast, looking $1m

Menzies: looks good and so competitive… needs a go and could be anything

Most things they are doing are competitive. Wrestling session at the end was huge after 2 hours of training. Menzies v Durham was tough as.

Levels and energy was good

51 Likes

Thanks for that. I’m beginning to think a lot of these reports and looking for and focusing on negatives and not giving us some of the good things that are going on each week.
We have approximately 40 players out there, and seem to be only hearing regular reports on the same 10 or 12 players each week.

Surely he was just boasting “I’m wearing a jacket in this rain, and you are not!”

1 Like

pre-season matches against opposition sides will be useful to see if the stuff they’re working on holds up

3 Likes

Lack of cricket makes me miss preseason games more.

3 Likes

That’s because those 10-12 players are the positives.

1 Like

On Monday I thought the loudest two players were Hep and Redman

2 Likes

Can’t help but notice that all the training reporters have been impressed with Martin. Bodes well for the season ahead.

4 Likes

Every time I see photos of Lewis Hayes kicking style, it looks like he really knows how to football. Got nice natural looking style.
Hopefully he’s a draftee that the club doesn’t need to teach how to play.

13 Likes

He seems quite comfortable and assured from everything I’ve seen/heard. Look forward to seeing him in action

1 Like

Now you’ve got me going…

Duzza…
I told you to pull my finger…
God damn this club…

2 Likes