Training report - Wednesday 2018-12-12

I was being totally serious…

I demand 4k video footage taken from an elevated position

3 Likes
1 Like

Yeh where’s the drone footage? Unacceptable!

2 Likes

Thats a very old joke, but I’m sure glad eunuch’d it, …

Any truth to the rumour l am starting, that Mosquito has a severe case of bruising, due to continually pinching himself that he was drafted by Essendon and has a locker’next to Hep?

18 Likes

I heard the bruising was from David Myers who was overheard saying, “WTF, don’t you realise you’re next to the most improved player?”

11 Likes

I heard the bruising was from Dyson constantly swatting him when he gets too close

3 Likes

Thanks nackers. Your reports are great

On McKenna, does he look to be carrying something, or is it just a case of managing his workload?

1 Like

Thanks wob.

I’m guessing he’s carrying something. Unlike Smith who hasn’t been involved in any of the fitness work out on the track (although I have seen him through binoculars doing some work inside the hanger) McKenna does come out with the modified group sometimes but generally does very little and leaves before the others in the modified group. I suspect they are testing out whatever it is and not extending him further until it’s completely gone.

Of course I could be completely wrong.

4 Likes

Awesome response! Love your work nackers.

I too have got high hopes for McKernan. JD clearly needs another strong wrestling marking KP alongside him so he isn’t double/triple teamed. As a forward McKernan has traditionally been super inconsistent and drifted in and out of games. But this year seemed to fix that issue by simply being very good at the one percenters - pressure, tackles, bumps, sheppards, little taps to advantage and bringing the ball to ground for the smalls. It made our forward line better and that particular contribution gave him the confidence to do those freakish “McKernan things” more regularly.

2 Likes

Great work nackers - have you chatted to anyone at training with an update on redman’ ankle?

Yes I agree, I think he really matured as a player last year. It may have been Daniher going down and him knowing he would get an extended run at it, but he seemed much more inclined to do the team oriented little things to stay involved rather than always trying to pull off the spectacular.

The other significant improvement was he stopped giving away a lot of the silly free kicks, particularly in the ruck. When he was caught out of position instead of holding or scragging he stayed down and just acted as an extra midfielder in the contest.

But even at training you see him doing some things that very few other players his size in the whole competition are capable of.

12 Likes

No I haven’t heard anything sorry

We will need to refer this to FARK CARLTON. They have significant experience playing in this situation.

1 Like

It’s way too soon for any new inf on Redman’s ankle. Not even he knows any more yet.
People need a bit more patience on these things.

3 Likes

It’s a damn shame Joe hasn’t been fit enough to be involved in this as this is what he needs. He has always been a brilliant mark when he gets a run and jump at it, but, IMO, absolutely hopeless when his opponent is able to body him in the marking contest. The sort of stuff Rutten is doing with the KP players is just what he needs.

6 Likes

how about now, any info? it has been 37 minutes ya know.

16 Likes

A lot of this is because too often he plays for a free kick. I love the bloke but this is the only part of his game that ■■■■■■ me off. When he goes hard for the mark he usually gets it. The rest of the time he gets minimal contact, throws himself forward & waves his arms around looking for a free. I understand he must get frustrated usually having 2 or 3 blokes on him but if he just plays the ball and the free is there it will be paid.

3 Likes

I think there is a certain amount of what you say, but the main issue is still that he can’t withstand the body contact. Often he is just put off balance as he goes to jump, and then he looks as if he has been illegally put out of the contest, when it has only been a legal nudge that Hawkins, Riewoldt, Kennedy etc would withstand. Sometimes he exaggerates the effect to look for a free, and he certainly remonstrates with the umpire after the contest, but a lot of the time, he just carries on because he has been put out of the contest and he is frustrated.

1 Like

He looks to have put on a few kgs so hopefully that helps a little bit. If he can kick 65 in a season when he is being muscled out of contests imagine him when he gets it under control!

1 Like