Training Sat 17th Feb - Family Day

Have lobbed in again today, plenty being setup for the family day

Boys are out doing drills

Those however only doing run throughs on 2nd oval

2MP, Caddy, Hobbs and Stringer

Nobody looks hampered, albeit Stringer standard waddle

35 Likes

Match sim starting. Much more even teams.
Martin and Zerrett in red!!

30 Likes

See you all in 2025…

5 Likes

Shiel did the first block of match sim only, now off to the other oval

21 Likes

which team is that guy in the blue playing for

4 Likes

How is Sam Sofronidis looking?

1 Like

If its the guy I think he is, looking a little nervy but working into things. Some miffed kicks but has also been taking it on at the right times too.

6 Likes

Just pray for no injuries.

3 Likes

That was a simulation of us against GWS.

3 Likes

Potential pickup in the SSP?

IMG_3656

10 Likes

First block of match sim done.
No injuries!
Looks like a second block starting.

I’m not learning anything new. Durham looks sensational in midfield - has to be a consideration. He’s playing very “inside”, so maybe he rotates with Setters?

Back to the footy …

69 Likes

Thanks for the live reports. Any goals kicked yet, I wonder.

2 Likes

Durham is looking great. Physical, finding the ball all over the ground and spreading from the contest really well.

53 Likes

Sounds like the player development program at EFC is working well, for Durham at least.

2 Likes

Obviously Caaarlton.

1 Like

Getting more of the pill is the next big (crucial) step for Duz, so this is great to hear

1 Like

Tsatas’ kicking is an absolute lottery. He had one going inside 50 today where he sprayed it on the full and a number of other shanks. One or two that found a team mate spun that wildly that you weren’t completely sure whether it was the intended target or not. It’s a problem.

Parish continued on how he has looked all pre-season. He’s playing with complete authority, covering the ground as well as I’ve ever seen and his ball use has more polish.

I echo the other posters thoughts on Durham. He plays with a different type of energy to others when on ball. He is looking like a natural in there and is tough and defensive where required while also capable of hunting the footy and bursting through congestion.

It was terrific to see Draper play parts of the match sim today as well. He did one of his trademark gathers from a stoppage where he streaks away with the ball like a midfielder.

I also thought Roberts showed an ability to get to the right spot on a few occasions including one that resulted in a goal.

89 Likes

Hopefully he’s just getting use to the adjustments that have been made to his technique over the summer

6 Likes

Thank you very much for these details, Houli. Much appreciated. Any goals kicked yet, I wonder.