Training - Saturday 23rd April 2022

I think thats exactly the situation. Its why you don’t play him for me. Truck suggest he is a fair chance to play though… merrett included

2 Likes

Sounds like you might have missed part of training where Stringer was going flat out that @need4speed saw

Hopefully it was just him backing off in part you did

1 Like

Watched all of it. Yeh i saw him do a few sprints successfully early on. We will see. Match sims was a very cautious Jake

3 Likes

Have the boys been cracking in hard ie; tackling applying pressure etc?

It would forever be known as the

Ham Zac day meddle

25 Likes

From what I saw at training, both stringer and merrett will play, should they pull up okay.

I cant say training was inspiring or brutal. So im more hopeful than confident we can turn things around.

2 Likes

You play the way you train they say

Mitchell bring the mouth guards later in the week Hawks beat Geelong

8 Likes

Training was vocally quiet today. Was solid but i must admit… was hoping to hear more voice

1 Like

That’s disappointing to hear. these guys should cracking in hard and being very vocal to each other

They’ve lacked communication on field generally this season. There’s been a few blokes in defence going the punch uncontested when they could have marked. A lot of the signs haven’t been great so far this year. Don’t know how to feel about Monday. Is this the last training session before the game?

The game is in two days. If they’ve done any of that stuff hopefully it was earlier in the week.

2 Likes

Maybe they are just not feeling it

:joy: That joke deserves waaaay more than 3 likes!!!

2 Likes

Is there a VFL game this weekend?

The boys are making a hell of a racket in the Hangar! In full voice.

7 Likes

Yep, Mon at Windy Hill

1 Like

Im going to be old school here regarding Merrett. Players used to strap up ankle injuries and get on with it. Maybe there might be some residual pain but after a month surely its to the point where you can strap him up jab him up and get on with it. Footballers are supposed to be warriors.

Whatever is happening in the Hangar… boys are certainly having fun with it. Had a peak inside and it was a handball - ball cant touch the ground type game. Their noise is very loud.

12 Likes

Damn I thought they may have been watching Herbatrons latest video.

12 Likes