Training Saturday 6/6/20

Quiet stadiums will be conducive to a gameplan that makes use of on-field communication.

5 Likes

I should of mentioned Ham too. Did some really impressive things today. Had one play he ran to help playerā€¦ got the ball, hit a 50 metre target up the groundā€¦ and then that player hand balled back to him. Was very fast running to support

24 Likes

What are you thoughts on Conor? Do you think heā€™ll be ready for round two?

Touch n go. Something just didnā€™t seem right for me with him. Did have good moments but quite rusty

2 Likes

Best training report yet cant help but feel excited after reading that hopefully that translates into wins.

4 Likes

With Redman looking doubtful, youā€™d think heā€™d have to come into calculations.

Awesome report from nackers and Cjohns.
8 more days guys till we break the SCG curse with no crowds :joy:

Thanks @CJohns. Weā€™re very lucky here to get such in depth reportsā€¦ appreciated greatly ā€¦ from Sunny Qld.

2 Likes

Begley finished obviously. Giving us absolutely nothing, even in training. Has become such a major disappointment. Canā€™t be using his knee injury as an excuse any longer!

1 Like

So in summary from what I have read

Really good skills

Really good goal kicking

Smack having a presence up forward

Stringer not dead

And plenty more positive news from training

How I imagine @CJohns and @nackers reaction while watching training

21 Likes

He was a speculative pick at best, hoped he would come on but he might just not be up to it.

Not sure if speculative is the right word for a player selected within the top 30 young footballers in Australia. But yes, itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve seen anything to suggest Begley is going to make it. Ridley looks likely to balance the books and more from that draft.

Great training reports, many pleasing aspects, but for seasoned training watchers to describe coherency in ball movement starting to unfold in match practice certainly warms the heart.

Oh and my boy B.Ham. Get around this sticky-fingered Whippet, heā€™s going places.

7 Likes

Itā€™s time

37 Likes

Did anyone sight Henry Crauford on the field? Havenā€™t heard his name mentioned.

1 Like

Intraclubs are a bit like master bating.

You can be a world beater playing with yourself,but come show time,it can be a whole new ball game.

1 Like

Something wrong with his but ?

1 Like

Sorry I missed him, last player on the list.
He played and got beaten at most hitouts but got a few possessions in general play that showed some very good composure. We also commented on a beautiful kick he did in a training drill where he speared a pass to a leading forward.

11 Likes

Nackers and C Johns, thanks so much for such comprehensive reports, I think we can see the team selection crystallising from those assessments, give or take a couple of players .

2 Likes

I feel spoilt by the quality of coverage.

Thanks all.

3 Likes

Iā€™m definitely on the Ham wagon, it will be a break out year for him

7 Likes