Training Saturday 6/6/20

I would also like to be on a wagon full of ham

9 Likes

But weā€™ve had intraclubs matches that we lostā€¦I can remember one of the common comments last season was the issue with our skills.

Good to see thatā€˜s improving.

1 Like

Not Jewish then?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the very pleasing aspects of the reports. We know poor skills just kill a team - all that hard work gets wasted by poor skills leading to a turnover.

2 Likes

Love the report, mate! Was Stringer still fantastic once he came back on? It was that only pre-injury?

Great to hear that Heppell & Hurley both got through ok.

Yes, he continued playing like nothing had happened about 10 minutes later. Apparently someone landed on his foot in a contest.

He may have thought initially that he had done some damage which would explain the reaction, but it probably just got him in a sore spot.

3 Likes

Great news, cheers. :+1:t2:

conor?

Wow! Sea level rising bullish amounts after that report.
Sounds like the team is firing on all cylinders.
Thanks to nackers and CJohns for their outstanding service to BBlitz.
Go Bombers.

2 Likes

Hitting targets, kicking goalsā€¦

Whatā€™s is this sorcery you speak of?

8 Likes

He looked OK, a little rusty to start off with but got better as he went on and provided some good run.

He looks fairly fit, I think if Redman plays he will miss, otherwise itā€™s 50/50 between him and Gleeson.

1 Like

disappointing Stewart didnā€™t do anything. youā€™d think they would back laverde in again then

1 Like

Stewart was playing as the main target for the Blue side against Hurley who played him very well, but like Laverde I donā€™t think either of them are good enough yet to be the main target, although he did do well on a couple of occasions after being spoiled and the ball hit the ground.

It was also his first real match practice in over a year so he should be given a bit of slack on that account.

18 Likes

I think you just play Stewart we need a tall target after Brown leaving.

2 Likes

Maybe later after some more match practice if he shows form, but I doubt very much they will play him this week.

Laverde. I think we do need to give him a solid block games, but Iā€™m so not excited by him. I watched highlights the other day from 2016 win against Gold Coast.

He took a mark on the flank and then was sooooo slow to move the ball and ended doing an up and under kick.

I then watched highlights from 2019 win against Hawthorn and the exact same thing happened.

Lav seems to get the ball a little more now than in his first year, but apart from that heā€™s hardly improved and I reckon he costs us chances rather than converts them.

This is not the Essendon I knowā€¦

4 Likes

I reckon we should 110% back in Ham over Cutler.

Ham is exciting and I reckon he suits the style of game we play more than Cutler. Cutler should be an experienced who can come in when we have injuries and fill a gap anywhere.

2 Likes

I think thereā€™s a good chance both will play, they both looked good.

13 Likes

you would think there is only room for one