Training Saturday Feb 8th

So, Radio DJR is in attendance ?

Physical tools yes but nowhere near the footy IQ of Robbie gray and all good small forwards

It is concerning to me that Heppell is still
in rehab. He was supposed to be in full training by now according to what he was saying at the Xmas break.
Also, no Hooker even in rehab?

I think that all these blokes are additions to rehab since Saturday

1 Like

mmmm

It could just be load management as opposed to an injury to worry about.

1 Like

Hooker came out from The Hangar to have a look before. Seems heā€™s doing all his work indoors atm.

Robbie Gray has averaged 1.46 goals a game through his career and about 1 goal a game last year.
Lets see how many goals a game Conor scores. I would think 1.5 is attainable . He kicked 19 goals in his first year of VFL, when he didnā€™t even know the rules of the game.

1 Like

On the positive, itā€™s great to see Redman out there. Gee his foot skills are a thing of beauty.

12 Likes

Same on Saturday, after a stint inside the hangar, he came to the hangar door covered in sweat.

Gray has played a lot of midfield minutes so the goals average stat is a bit misleading about his forward efficiency

1 Like

Redman was in rehab on Saturday, the docs had cleared him to play in the match sim, but he waited a few extra days . Sensible kid.

4 Likes

Just as I say that, Hooker is now out with the others in rehab group on the other oval :ok_hand:

12 Likes

bingo

6 Likes

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s the new fitness guy taking extra precautions with rehab and fitness prior to allowing them to join in full training, but all of Joe, Hepp and Hooker have had slower than expected recovery from surgery.
Joeā€™s surgery just seems to have been a complete failure. But with both Heppellā€™s, being a repeat of what he had done on the other foot earlier in his career, and Hookerā€™s, it would be very disappointing if there is a problem with their recovery.

Is Nigel or Ireland or Treacle in the photo? Or will ā€œthat personā€ be photoshopped in at a later timeā€¦

1 Like

tippa is a concern

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m not worried about redman.

Had no preseason last year and had a good year.

Sounds like heā€™s done about 50% so far and will do 100% of the rest of the preseason thatā€™s to come

Scratch match/full ground match sim started.
Zerk and Francis dominating at their respective ends chopping things off and Francis pin point accuracy kicking in board.
Shiel is everywhere. Heā€™s at the right spot at every stoppage.

30 Likes

I thought we werenā€™t allowed to kick it inboard any more coming out of defence.
Is McKenna playing forward again?