Training Saturday Feb 8th

Does that also mean our delivery to / positioning in the forward 50 has been poor?

2 Likes

Is that a polite way of saying we still suck at going inside 50?

1 Like

A few times yeah. Other times itā€™s been to the forwards advantage. Mixed bag.

2 Likes

Lav lead really nicely and marked on the lead before with a kick perfectly weighted to him. And Jones also got on the end of one.

12 Likes

I find this concerning. All I can picture is our mids stuffing up kicks straight to the opposition backman.

2 Likes

Itā€™s worth noting also that it isnā€™t a full on scratch match as initially thought. They kick the ball to the CHB to start play and now theyā€™ve broken up into smaller groups to do other things.

1 Like

We basically have no key forwards at all in the game, with Joe and McKernan not playing. Harrison Jones the only KPF left. So you might expect trouble finding targets going inside 50 and guys like Francis and BZT taking a few marks.

No, Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s how we like to playā€¦

8 Likes

Iā€™d be interested to know whether we are still bombing the ball in the F50 knowing that we have no KPFā€™s?

Sounds similar to the match sim on Saturday. But it is concerning. We are supposed to be doing proper match practice by now , surely.

1 Like

Iā€™d be doing match practice as soon as January to see what the deficiencies are to work on them over the next few months prior to the Marsh series.

Woosha and Rutten playing as key defenders in a smaller drill focusing on the kick inside 50ā€™s lol. Putting on token pressure.
Jones, Lav, Stringer and Townsend rotating as the ā€˜tallsā€™.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s hoping he is just ā€œinjuredā€ for the ā€œoriginā€ game.

2 Likes

Itā€™s disappointing they announced the leadership group after the team photo.

It cut off some great speculation.

Nigel watch?

So I suppose they will be in the rehab group at the next training session ?
ā€œā€¦Essendon suffers more injury setbacksā€¦ā€

No doubt the bloke is injured hopefully heā€™s right for the Marsh series.

Fixed

Gee McBrideā€™s skills are exceptional so soon into his journey with us. Very encouraging.

23 Likes

I read somewhere itā€™s something very minor and theyā€™re going easy on him for 2 weeks. Then back to full training.

2 Likes