Training the Twelve Suspended Players

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to pool what we know is happening with the twelve.

I’ll start - correct me if I’m wrong:

They can come back two months before their suspension is up meaning they can train with the club in September.

They can still see Doc Reid in a private capacity away from the club for treatment of on-going health issues.

The ALPA is asking them to submit the names of any persons training them so that they can be approved by WADA.

Lastly if any of the suspended players would like to fill us in on what’s happening (anonymously) your supporters would be very interested.

Hmmmm… grey area

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to pool what we know is happening with the twelve.

The ALPA is asking them to submit the names of any persons training them so that they can be approved by WADA.

This bit doesn’t sound correct. I was under the impression that anyone who ‘trains’ the players, be it as a group or individually, would automatically incur a WADA ban.

I’m a little hazy on this and not 100% sure but I’ll follow it up and find out.

I reckon Jackie should train them

This bit doesn’t sound correct. I was under the impression that anyone who ‘trains’ the players, be it as a group or individually, would automatically incur a WADA ban.

Would be a hoot to list Dank as the trainer, just for fun.

Edit: Or maybe not.

I find that very hard to believe. I thought it just couldn’t be someone from the club.
But if you’re right, it’s just further proof (if it was needed) of what a farked up regime WADA run.

I don’t think so.
Can’t be involved with the AFL or any one/thing signed up to WADA, that’s all. So basically - personal trainers should be fine.

I don’t think so.
Can’t be involved with the AFL or any one/thing signed up to WADA, that’s all. So basically - personal trainers should be fine.

Anything more restrictive than this would seem to be be draconian, but one has to go back to the tripartite contracts drawn up by the AFL which they signed, these quite probably are draconian…

Players are being trained and treated by professionals external to the club.

I don’t think so.

Yeah, pretty sure WADA can’t ban people from exercising. Then again, the AFL cancelled Christmas a couple of years back, so who knows?

They definitely won’t be allowed to be trained by anyone with a WADA ban
I’m not 100% on whether they could get someone registered with WADA in trouble by being a client, but given my friend can get a ban if I visit his gym as someone competing in a non-ASADA registered sports organisation I would not be surprised if this was the case
They’ll definitely be fine with anyone not in WADAs black book or on their registery (which is all the decent S&C in Melbourne anyway)

@Deckham - problem with PTs is half of them play recreational sports which would be governed by WADA (footy, basketball, tennis, cricket) even if personally they’re not registered with WADA. NFI whether this would cause any issues but it is something to consider

Wada’s draconian reach is more than a little scary, I’ve discovered. Big brother IS watching, apparently.

Wada's draconian reach is more than a little scary, I've discovered. Big brother IS watching, apparently.

They legitimately know where you are 365 days a year

Shudders…

Players are being trained and treated by professionals external to the club.

I thought the AFLPA was onto this as well.

There’s no way that’s the rules. Surely they can’t do anything professional with anyone related to EFC - fair enough. They can’t compete in WADA sports - fair enough. But surely the rest is fine. They can train together. Enlist PTs. You would imagine even being trained by other WADA compliant people would be fine.

Yep, and WADA compliant people would be anyone not professionally engaged with a WADA involved sport.

But who is allowed to PAY for the trainers?

Well, if the club weren’t allowed, the players would, and the club would compensate.

Yep, and WADA compliant people would be anyone not professionally engaged with a WADA involved sport.

And not banned by WADA