Training Thursday 10/4/14

Training in light rain at Tullamarine

A shorter session today some of which was indoors. There was a big crowd in the Sheedy Cafe today for the Women’s Network function (raffle tickets $10 or 8 for $50) which was very noisy and quite a few kids for the school holidays. Bomber signed autographs and posed for photos tirelessly in a way that we have not seen since the days of Sheedy. Take a bow Bomber.

The atmosphere was business like and players handled the wet conditions using both ovals. Fletcher, Watson and Melksham mainly trained with the younger players and the skipper patiently gave advice to Kavanagh and others which was good to witness…

As per usual the thrust of training was on executing skills, particularly kicking, making position and tight defence. There was an emphasis on getting the ball into a one on one forward contest and also getting back into the play quickly at all times.

A senior club official at the VFL game told me that Sheedy says Edwards will be a good player if he trains really hard and one of his skills was on display today. He was mucking about taking shots at goal with the greasy ball. He casually kicked one from forty metres out with the ball spinning along the ground flat on its side about its longitudinal axis then repeated it from forty five metres. There is some unique talent there if it can be harnessed.

I don’t comment on injuries so please don’ ask but it is safe to sayChapman did some limited running and Ambrose quite a bit. I suspect Ryder and Carlisle won’t play but that’s as far as I would venture to guess.

A good session reinforcing skills and the gameplay with everyone seeming t be sensibly confident and harmonious.

Cheers JM, 

wonder if we'll ever get Sheeds back in any capacity. Could just run Jackie Moon style promotions for all i care.

JM, do you mean Fletcher not Carlisle?

Thanks Jackie, top effort to get out there in the rain today. You're made of stern stuff.

Just checking - you said Carlisle may not play yes?

You reckon Ryder and Carlisle won't play.

Surely Thurlow has to be upgraded if that is the case, Daniher simply cannot ruck 90% of the game against Sandilands.

"]JM, do you mean Fletcher not Carlisle?[/quote]

No

Thanks Jackie, top effort to get out there in the rain today. You’re made of stern stuff.

Just checking - you said Carlisle may not play yes?

Yes

Was there a lot of work done inside the shed? I figure if its going to be 33 on Sunday in Perth, we'd try to replicate those conditions. Anyway, good to hear that some of the senior players are leading by example. Any, surprise inclusions you could see happening? 

carlisle?!!!!!!!!! - cue blitz meltdown and another weekend of late withdrawal speculation. i hate sunday games

Wonder what happened to Carlisle.

carlisle?!!!!!!!!! - cue blitz meltdown and another weekend of late withdrawal speculation. i hate sunday games

JD vs Sandilands.

Back to the future…Fletcher to ruck.

I usually like training reports…

Fark.

Wonder what happened to Carlisle.

he injured his funny bone laughing at the murphy giff

Can we rookie list and immediately upgrade Nat Rat today?

How do these injuries happen? Ambrose mysteriously, now Carlisle. FFS.

If carlisle AND ryder were both not going to play, surely thurlow would have been upgraded. Whos gonna ruck against sandilands, joe with no help and no talls forward?

In your opinion jackie, will fletcher and chappy play?

I thought I saw carlisle get a knock in a ruck contest in the last quarter. Not surprised to hear about his possible absence.

Maybe Belly is ready for AFL action…