Training - Thursday 16/01/2020

Perhaps they were practicing the collection of the ball after it hits the ground.

If you can’t do the task right the first time, you might as well learn how to clean up properly afterwards.

Interesting. I’m pretty sure at least one of Townsend or Snelling will get a run for their ability to pressure. It seems like every training report I swap who I think will get the nod.

Wind resistance was holding Heppell back, he’s fast now.

1 Like

Looks like McKernan

2 Likes

Draper obviously just taunting the other ruckmen with his awesomeness.

Only a month or so now boys and you’ll all be fighting over 2nd best.

3 Likes

Well it’s NOT

9 Likes

Thank fk for that.

2 Likes

You’re like that cool change yesterday that blew away all the CRAP and hot air.

2 Likes

If Brisbane have another injury free season then we must poach thier fitness guru.

1 Like

Training pics on EFC site

Oh FFS! Are you for real?

7 Likes

Was at training and was great to meet some blitzers today. I left from Heathmont half asleep and decided a t shirt should be right… i then froze for 2 hours.

Most of the above points i agree with. Was a hard session to watch everything as they split into two ovals for quite a bit of the time.

Had a brief chat to Hepps. He was in really good spirits. Oddly he started chatting to me as i was watching him do some sprints. Said to a trainer next to me his body was finally right and was so f£€%# happy about it. Needs another month to build up core fitness but it was obvious his joy. Was a great moment to witness.

Walla looks fitter and very determined to me. He laid some vicious tackles.

McBride is a real athlete and prospect. His skills were like a 2nd year McKenna level. Bit to go but coming along well. Great running ability .

Francis is historically a guy that does not like training. So to see Aaron cut off plays defensively, smother a Stringer possession and then 10 seconds later run 25m to run down another player… it was great to watch. He wanted to get something out of training today and not just turn up and do the basics. That may seem odd but its a huge step to a very talented guy with now a fit body and mind(with hunger)

Merrett seemed on track to me. Was in and out of regular training and modified group. Lacked a bit of power in his legs but should be right by Feb.

Zaka was mainly just running today and is coming along. Redman the same.

Lastly it was obvious Rutten has a much different dynamic. Was loud and commanding.

79 Likes

Thanks CJohns.

Your very last line is where I see the most improvement.

We need somebody that demands performance and not expects it.

7 Likes

Thanks CJohns.
Any word on how the other irish lad McQuillam is going?

1 Like

So much for a poster telling us hep’s foot hadn’t healed as hoped

Seems to be tracking really well

2 Likes

Reckon truck is the type who’s not afraid to give a spray on gameday if the team is playing poorly.

4 Likes

To be honest i missed him a lot. Kept on being on the opposite oval. nackers likes him… i will take that

2 Likes

I see @nackers got a look-in in photo 11… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A simile in each of your opening two sentences. Love it.

What’s wrong with going after the best people in the business to improve you club onfield? nothing wrong with a club always looking to improve.