Training Thursday 24/3/22

We virtually are after an 0-3 start

Or maybe this week play " Predator " if it bleeds we can kill it

2 Likes

Problem is we don’t like blood.

1 Like

Yeah we wouldnt even enter the jungle

we didnt train as be no point as we never play how we train!

1 Like

I was going to go on Saturday but I’m finding more and more excuses not to go. I’ll leave it to the last moment, I doubt getting a ticket will be an issue.

1 Like

So was I, but I got Kayo instead, so I could also watch Ricciardo and Norris’s cars ■■■■■■■■ themselves.

The thing is, in the lead up to the Brisbane match, should I take anger management classes, get some beer, or be ready with Valium and a cup of tea for after the match.

I wore my Bombers jacket, today, the service station attendant tried to stir me up, It’s good though, its only round 1 and better talking footy than whinging about petrol prices. He was a hawks supporter and very happy to get the win.

1 Like

All of the above, except lots of beer

Because i want Mitchell and the hawks to fail for the next decade, I’ve got a really, really bad feeling they’re going to really improve after watching them in round 1.

Here we go.

3 Likes

only 1 decade??

Training this morning in beautiful coditions, very pleasant temperature with just a zephyr of a breeze.

There wasn’t really a modified group today, Jones, Hurley and Snelling came out for the warmup but went inside shortly afterwards. Hurley has been joining in with the main group of recent times so he’s either had a setback or is managing his loads.

Jones did come out again towards the end of the session and did some running on the spot at a good tempo with high knees which was encouraging, hopefully he’s only a couple of weeks away.

Langford and Martin weren’t sighted as you would expect and McBride was on the sidelines towards the end, other than that everyone else completed the whole sess so all in all we have a relatively healthy list at the moment.

Tippa is looking better every week, I was thinking a month or two back that he may have played his last game, but I’m fairly confident hell be able to get back now.

Everyone will no doubt be pleased to hear that the general standard of training was at a much higher intensity today,with lots of hard running and some solid tackling.

Wanganeen again really stood out to me. His pace and bursts of speed are great to watch, in addition to his silky skills. He looks to be running out the sessions easily enough, personally I would have picked him for last week, it surely can’t be too long before he gets his chance. There was one drill he did today where he was one on one against Cutler, they had to sprint to a particular spot then turn around and make a lead at someone kicking the ball to them. Wanganeen burnt Cutler off in both directions then took a good mark on the lead at full stride, he was by far the most impressive at this.

The other player that stood out to me today was Durham, he looks to be completely over whatever setback he had and was running very powerfully, tackling hard and very strong over the ball. He must
Be a big chance to come in this week.

Waterman was another that was looking very good physically, he seems to have transformed his body shape into much more of the standard AFL physique in the last couple of months with all his additional running, although he didn’t particularly standout in any of the drills.

All in all it was a good solid session, let’s hope they can transfer that intensity to Saturdays game.

120 Likes

Was there training or just jeering? EFA

1 Like

Thanks Nackers for bringing some hope to we very despondent supporters.
I’d LOVE to see Wanganeen & Durham in the team this week.
Great to also hear of Tippa’s progress and as I’m a bit of a Waterman fan I’m glad to hear he’s training & looking good - he’s solid & can kick goals. I’d love to see him in the mix.

11 Likes

Thanks, nackers! Good to hear the intensity has picked up.

So I guess Reid completed full training, then? How did he go?

1 Like

Was there any intesnty at training and players pushing them selves or where they just going through the motions/

Did you read the report or just go straight into ■■■■■■■■ and moaning?

“All in all it was a good solid session, let’s hope they can transfer that intensity to Saturdays game.”

15 Likes

DOES A BEAR ■■■■ IN THE WOODS?

5 Likes

Yes Reid completed the whole session, he looked a bit rusty to me which isn’t surprising given how little ball he’s done compared to the rest of the group.

18 Likes