Training Thursday 30th Jan 2020

Yep Francis is out there, he looks fine.

39 Likes

im tipping he is quite nervous also

Does this mean he has met skinfolds/fitness work over the break and his ankle/leg injury is better.

Stringer, Raz, Tippa, Mckernan, Laverde, Dev, Jones, doing an inside F50 delivery drill against defenders. Starting by shifting the ball side to side outside 50 and the boys have to adjust accordingly and find space.

Raz took a leisurely one handed screamer over a pack in the square before I could get the camera out.

Coaches reinforcing that it is a simple and boring drill but still important, to give them an advantage in game.

27 Likes

He was training before christmas, right? So the Hangar and the players are not unfamiliar to him, however I agree, his future as an AFL player is in the balance.

I have watched Carlton do this move it worked quite well for them several times. They seemed to pass it around the 50 metre line, when we were expecting them to go for the I50 kick.

1 Like

not a hamstring issue i hope!

Effective delivery into the forward 50 is anything but boring. It’s vital and something we have really struggled at. Please this is being worked on.

13 Likes

That was virtually a quote, would be tough in the heat out there today too.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Over the last 3 years we have consistently scored less year on year… by about 20% as well. Ball usage moving forward is critical

8 Likes

And I think it was something we used to do in the late 90s/early 00s when Caracella was playing.

2 Likes

Careful…

3 Likes

Please let us know of Mozzie comes back out.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report @nackers. It is so very much appreciated

3 Likes

Time to bring it back as an option, especially when you see the way we so predictably kicked the ball straight inside 50 in last years final and the West Coast defenders picked us off over and over again.

1 Like

No, he just had a club tour, he was injured when he visited first, this would be his first run on the track

8 Likes

FFS come to EFC training to get pumped and build hype amongst the kids for the season & the team…

And they are more interested in the construction works. Sure they sit perfectly still for that, Double FFS.

26 Likes

This post is worthy of all the likes.

11 Likes

As an alternative entry strategy to just bombing the ball in long on the top of out numbered forwards, there is great merit in this approach. Good move, hopefully this is evidence of Cara’s influence being felt.

2 Likes

Had to clear out, good to see the boys running around.

Modified group was smaller compared to previous reports on here, Hooker & Heppell in there and doing some running was good to see.

And also some more full ground type drills with the whole team involved.

Met the man, the legend that is @nackers, I am not worthy. He has all the deep insights on the training/team.

32 Likes