Training Tuesday 14/6/16

Training at Tullamarine in mild sunny conditions.

Three rapes and two shootings have kept me away from training for a while (I know you’ll have fun with that) so I was interested to see what the atmosphere would be like as recent floggings leave us sitting at the bottom of the ladder.

I am pleased to report that the players remain in good spirits in a light training session that included a rowdy game of soccer and a drill trying to kick to hit the point and goal posts. However on the supporter side things were disappointing with only three spectators and then not all at the same time. Generally speaking the supporters have been awesome at sticking with the club during the whole saga but now is a real crunch time and I wonder how the players are judging the drop off at match attendance and training.

It is an interesting time to be around the club as we look likely for the wooden spoon for the first time in over eighty years and our valiant top up players who lack a proper preseason begin to break down and have to be handled delicately by the coaches. Adrian Dedoro is trying hard not to smile but does seem to have a bounce in his step and the players are showing great character. I imagine that when the Dirty Dozen return the atmosphere will be electric.

The VFL players who played on Sunday trained on the smaller oval and practised short passing under minimal pressure and followed this up with some leading and passing. Good news on the Aaron Frances front as he appeared without bandages and strapping and did some moderate running and kicking. I have no inside information but I’m guessing his injury may not be too severe. Walla’s week off seems to have done him some good as he casually kicked a goal (wind assisted) from inside the centre square then practised goal kicking from the pocket on his wrong foot presumably because he needs a challenge. Tom Wallis also trained and was moving freely.

Lastly you will be pleased to know that Mark Jamar had goal kicking practice, admittedly from fifty metres rather than thirty. How did he go? That’s. A secret.

Thanks Jackie, missed these reports.

yeah, mad double take on that first bit

Thanks Jackie. Greats stuff.

He may not have had much goalkicking practice at the Demons, do they have goal posts?

JM you rock.

FRANCIS

ENGAGE

And on the third day, he arose.

(Francis, not Jackie)

Thanks Jackie, These reports have been greatly missed.
Not that there hasn’t been other good reports from other Blitzers, they just have had the same flair.

Jamar needs handball practice as well

Saint Francis has risen!

Thanks for the training report.
This place needs something to boost the spirits this week.
Glad to see Walla is fresh, and Francis isn’t going to spend too long on the sidelines.

Thanks Jackie.

I’d rather go with the Dudded Dozen rather than Dirty though … :frowning:

Three rapes and two shootings have kept me away from training for a while (I know you’ll have fun with that) so I was interested to see what the atmosphere would be like as recent floggings leave us sitting at the bottom of the ladder.

I am pleased to report that the players remain in good spirits in a light training session that included a rowdy game of soccer and a drill trying to kick to hit the point and goal posts. However on the supporter side things were disappointing with only three spectators and then not all at the same time. Generally speaking the supporters have been awesome at sticking with the club during the whole saga but now is a real crunch time and I wonder how the players are judging the drop off at match attendance and training.

It is an interesting time to be around the club as we look likely for the wooden spoon for the first time in over eighty years and our valiant top up players who lack a proper preseason begin to break down and have to be handled delicately by the coaches. Adrian Dedoro is trying hard not to smile but does seem to have a bounce in his step and the players are showing great character. I imagine that when the Dirty Dozen return the atmosphere will be electric.

The VFL players who played on Sunday trained on the smaller oval and practised short passing under minimal pressure and followed this up with some leading and passing. Good news on the Aaron Frances front as he appeared without bandages and strapping and did some moderate running and kicking. I have no inside information but I’m guessing his injury may not be too severe. Walla’s week off seems to have done him some good as he casually kicked a goal (wind assisted) from inside the centre square then practised goal kicking from the pocket on his wrong foot presumably because he needs a challenge. Tom Wallis also trained and was moving freely.

Lastly you will be pleased to know that Mark Jamar had goal kicking practice, admittedly from fifty metres rather than thirty. How did he go? That’s. A secret.

Welcome back Jackie.

"Lastly you will be pleased to know that Mark Jamar had goal kicking practice, admittedly from fifty metres rather than thirty. How did he go? That’s. A secret.

I am sure Tiffany would find a way to get you divulge that secret.

On bail or yet to be charged?

Lemme guess … Binge watching Game of Thrones? (the shootings were with a crossbow, right?)

And the rapes and shootings were the least of the legal issues Jackie was worrying about on Sunday…

Say. No. More.

I notice on the clubs website the following June training dates listed:

Friday 3rd June (Captain’s Run - Domain Stadium) - 3pm (AWST)

Thursday 9th June (Captain’s Run) - 10:15am

Saturday 18th June (Captain’s Run) - 10:15am

Wednesday 29th June (Captain’s Run - Perth Barracks) - 4pm (AWST) Details to be confirmed closer to date.

So… how did you know about today Jackie (or the other 2 guys that got down there…)? Is the club training next week as I was thinking of bringing my boys down.