Training - Tuesday 15 March 2022

I think we need to see him in match-sim to have a good idea.

That’s a ball drop for a tall guy Mr Draper😀

Zach Reid at training today

52 Likes

Thanks mate.

This guy has a great leap, excellent kicking skills, a great leap and has elite speed. All great attributes for a key lead up forward. His 20 meter sprint is sub 3 seconds, I for one think he could be a very good forward over time given a chance.

We are all obsessed with Baldwin, Jones & Reid but he can out run and leap over all of them. His kicking is very good, maybe not Reid good. But very very good. A lot to work with imo.

Assuming the preseason is a guide he won’t play soon until he has had some VFL games, but the cupboard is a bit lacking with injuries.
Who knows. He might appear quicker than expected.

1 Like

This is such great news. Hopefully we’ll continue to be conservative with Reid’s recovery, but if we can even just get him playing limited VFL minutes early in the season, that would be a massive win.

1 Like

That ball drop is majestic for someone over 200cm

2 Likes

I just want to clarify that a ball drop when passing the ball 20 - 30 meters looks completely different than the ball drop when having a shot at goal. It is the shot at goal ball drop that is a concern with most players because they lean back more trying to get the extra height and distance.

I know this because I can hit a target 20 - 30 meters away 9/10 times but can’t kick a goal to save myself.

5 Likes

The rate these guys are improving they might play a half round 1 in the VFL.

First option. Anything else should not be seriously considered. Hes a great mentor for the younger players and Im all for him being here this season, but if he plays more than 5-10 games id be a bit worried as to where the team is at.

I think he would offer more playing in the VFL and impating his knowledge onto players like Reid, Zerk, Baldwin, Cox, than struggling away in the seniors.

3 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

41 Likes

They’ll play him if he’s fit and offers more on the ground than other talls. Which is not at all unlikely.

He’ll play a handful of game across the season to cover for injuries. After we drop out of contention for finals in a miserable, low scoring loss at an empty stadium against the giants in round 21, he’ll come in for the last two games. He’ll get injured late in the last quarter against port at Marvel when the game’s already gone, stranding himself on 199 games and missing a farewell home game at the G.

I assume.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if tippa put his hand up this week.

He’s already getting some meat on them bones.

7 news saying Stringer stayed a bit longer than the rest of the group to do more running.

Also said that Kelly didn’t train. Is he in doubt?

I thought exactly the same thing!!

That photo reminds me of Scott Lucas.

15 Likes

200 game FF right there :v:

3 Likes

He kicks it like a soccer goalie.

7 Likes