Training Tuesday March 22

Dosen’t feel me with much hope for Saturday they should be fuming and pushing them selves

Good edit Nino

1 Like

With the poor contested ball issue, ya don’t reckon the players could have Covid induced keep 1.5 metres of separation too far ingrained?

1 Like

Remember when Sheedy used to push the guys back in the days to toughen them up, didn’t he used to do outlandish things like training them up main streets of Melbourne to embarrass them in front of supporters ? Maybe have that all wrong? ■■■■■■ if I know, just don’t know anymore where my club has gone :frowning:

And how would that anger look exactly?

Should they have a scowl on their face? should they be terse when talking? should they be walking around with clenched fists? should they be throwing things around? kicking cats?

Not sure why you’d be so upset at someone else’s interpretation of how it appears the players feel

4 Likes

As long as they don’t smile, or heaven forbid, perform the capital punishment worthy crime of posting anything to social media.

4 Likes

A few smashed pretzels would be a start

6 Likes

Agreed Frosty!

Coaching staff have to be focussing on resetting the switch, practising on areas where we really need, after that bruise free performance they shouldn’t need recovery. The main session better be a gruelling 2 hours minimum on Thursday with plenty of loud voices from the coaches. This young group need guidance and support from them and plenty of discipline with encouragement also.

1 Like

Glad you think Laverde put in a bruise free performance on Saturday & he’ll be cherry ripe after being flogged on Tuesday.

5 Likes

For mine, players can do whatever they want during the week. Sure, I’d like them to have more of a focus on contested work at training, but it is what it is.

The only thing I have an issue with is players smiling and having a laugh with opposition players right after an utterly embarrassing loss. Supporters and members are hurting and it just looks unbelievably disrespectful.

1 Like

Or perhaps you could remind yourself it’s only a bloody game.
Yeah, you’ve barracked hard during it, and you’ve really got some points to make on Blitz, but how dare you smile ruefully at an opposition supporter, shrug your shoulders, and get on with life.

That’d be disrespectful to the players.

This week on Blitz is really taking the cake for toys being tossed from prams.

7 Likes

thank god we have moral compasses to guide us on correct behaviours on here

5 Likes

Does this apply to how supporters think players should behave? Or only how supporters think other supporters should behave.

1 Like

I wish we knew what the players thought of how supporters should behave.

Players cant get to caught up with fans emotions…they need to be level headed for their next matchup.
trust me there would be people in the inner sanctum who would be hurting and will let them know what it means.

Imagine this week Sheedy would put the pressure on Lions this week, say something like we are going to target Neale. Get Hirdy to write an article about why they should be flag favourites after dismantling the Power.
Call out Lions for doing the dodgy re the Daniher deal, extending contract on minimum chips.
Tell Daniher he is dumb for agreeing to it.

Demand Brisbane deserve salary cap reduction or free agency bans

1 Like

LOL

2 Likes

A lot is being read into what a person’s impression of what the team looked like at training! I’d be confident that they received some direct feedback in the team game review.
I’m not sure the best thing would have been to work them into the ground the first training session after the first game of the season. For those who can still remember playing footy - you are particuarly banged up and sore after the first real game- to work them hard would mean half of the team injured for round 2.

1 Like

You know this is going to come back to bite Essendon.

2 Likes

Nah AFL will be unhappy with brisbane about this not us.
we have Perkins we move on.

1 Like

Recovery session on Tuesday was always going to be ‘light’ on the contested work… but OP describes a playing group with no soul. Still should have plenty of chatter from our leaders, plenty focus on what we didn’t do well…

so instead of circle work perhaps do some ‘loose ball’ drills - no contact but they have to go hard at the ball… maybe do some structural set up walk throughs… to highlight that perhaps letting dangerfield walk out of the centre time and time again is not ideal…

and instead of a goal kicking ‘free for all’… no more/less risk of injury to have cones set up in a circuit and you have to take a shot from each one… you don’t go inside until you make a certain % in one loop (so the ‘pressure’ amps up as you go round the circuit)

Plenty of things you can do to train with intensity… subdued circle work is not even close.

We have got some real issues.