Training Tuesday March 22

You’re right, but it’s been a long time since I was still angry 3 days later.

I just mean at training. As a coach he lifted the spirits of the players and pushed them on the track. That’s the sort of character you want around the club all year round imo.

1 Like

“There was some extended circle work with little or no physical contact”

Sounds like we are refining the game plan from round 1

Deadset pre cats game I thought about the GWS flogging in Rd 1 a few years back and thought thank god that sort of crap is past us.

4 Likes

Better than in a moon boot!

1 Like

We kept our form line from the elimination final if it’s at all helpful.

Hindsight is wonderful!

Everyone keeps bringing up the GWS flogging…. But round 1 last year was just as bad. Yeah it looked ok on the score board, but our performance was as bad as Saturday.

That second half against Hawthorn was pitiful…… with a similar down hill skiing effort from our midfield.

2 Likes

Totally…I’d have them ■■■■■■■ hitting eachother hard. Ignore injuries, because if we can’t crack in, then whats the point of a healthy list anyway

1 Like

it seems he taught stewart absolutely nothing about positioning

1 Like

For sure, mate. Let’s have a comfortable, healthy list that can’t win contested ball for ■■■■. That’s a better option.

I didn’t see him but I might of missed him. I was looking for him at one stage.

No, it was more a general session for most of the morning. The mids worked together at one stage with different bibs on but overall it wasn’t noticeable to me.

1 Like

Thanks
I’m mindful that our mids only train with mids, then on game day play as backs or forwards. Hence they do not look polished/skilled in their game position but slog it out as general half-a#%^ed utilities. Horses for courses

2019 Round 1 loss to GWS by 72
2019 Round 21 loss to Bulldogs by 103
2020 - the whole Queensland hub was an abysmal debacle starting with the Bulldogs loss. Woefully non competitive versus Geelong, Port, Brisbane (seems to be a trend against those 3 recently).
2021 Round 1 Round 2 Round 5 Hawthorn / Port / Brisbane - just garbage at times again.
Round 1 2022 - it continues.

This is something that the Captain and leaders should be straight on to. They need to be the one’s leading the way with getting the rest of the players engaged and completely focused on training.

Laughing at some of the “bring your mouth guard” type posts in here. They are a professional sports team, not some country league team coached by a bloke called Muzza.

6 Likes

EFA

2 Likes

ftfy

1 Like

I must say I’m not impressed by them looking contrite. I would rather have them looking bloody angry and bloody determined. The time for looking contrite was after the game This is the time for them to be well and truly angry with themselves for their performances on Saturday and very, very determined to be better at every damn thing this coming Saturday. Especially better at the contest.

So that was a very good report as a piece of reporting, but extremely unsatisfactory as to its content.

6 Likes

Glad to see we train the way we play, just as every coach wants from his team