Training Wed 11 January 2023

The list certainly isn’t perfect but I think it’s a tad too far to call it garbage.

While I like the “keeping it real” vibe of CJohns report I don’t think there is cause to get too down in the mouth.

17 Likes

There aren’t any middle-aged blitzers. Everyone on here is either under 15 or over 70

11 Likes

Brad has a year and a half before any pressure should be applied on him or have any expectations.

We are so far behind the pack. Just look at Geelong round 1 last year. The team that won the flag. Came out in the first game of the year like they did in the last game of the year, full guns blazing, high octane, high defensive pressure overtly physical and skillfull ruthless football team.

A great coach, would take 2 years to get us into even competing for middle of the pack. We will scrape into 10th/9th next year. Brad has to build a culture of hardness in a culture of soft weak lazy accountability and lack of passion. Not an easy road ahead.

2 Likes

We’ve got the 4th youngest list in the comp and I think we’re in that 8th-14th range. The list isn’t garbage, it’s just very young.

22 Likes

What time is training on Friday?

So it’s January, and we’re having to learn the basic fundamentals of footy from scratch? What the ■■■■ has this club been doing???

1 Like

True. I’ve met boodsy. He’s 12 yrs old, had smokes in his back pocket, a baseball cap on backwards and had to be home by 5pm.

4 Likes

Bookmarked

1 Like

I’m not.

1 Like

I’ve been lid on for a few years.

I have however lifted the lid a little since “the Great Cleanout”.

Bottom 5 for mine this year, up from bottom 4.

Any talk of finals by scraping into the 8 is deluded.

It’s a young team that needs to learn how to play footy and how to be a professional footy team (culture).

You can’t teach these things in 6 months.

16 Likes

There is still one key person left that has stopped me being more lid on.

1 Like

I think the Covids gone to your brain.

1 Like

I bet track watchers are heavily influenced by the lens of what our expectations are for the upcoming season.

Last year we were expected to be top 8 so nearly everyone was raving about the preseason sessions.

Now that we are expected to be bottom 6, the training doesn’t look good.

13 Likes

Yep. I can handle having my little heart broken. Just not in the first 10 minutes of the season.

3 Likes

i know this may be a tad controversial but has any regular training watcher ever gone to watch another team train to compare what who how we train etc?

i was once in melbourne walking along punt rd to a bike shop and richmond were training…i didnt think it was anything special but i did get asked by a guy as i watching if i was from any team …he thought i was a spy lol

7 Likes

Don’t be silly.

We like our bubbles and all-encompassing comments.

4 Likes

It’s the only time of the year that we can get excited. Why would we want a reality check?

4 Likes

You should’ve said into your watch “I’ve been made, aborting”

3 Likes

How much would it cost to buy your silence?

what is tanking anyway…playing tsatas in the 1’s when he cant run out games and Shiel getting 50 disposal in the reserves.

teams dont go out to lose, but you can pick a inexperienced team which will make it tough to win.

prior years we should have put players in for surgery, instead of scraping in to the 8 and getting belted week 1.

2 Likes

Most of the time. There have certainly been occasions when the coaches wanted the teams to lose, and maybe the senior players were in on it.

1 Like