Training Wed 11 January 2023

Yeah let’s have a ■■■■ season, finish last and pick up another generational talent like Andy McGrath at pick 1.

Honestly, playing good footy and winning as many games as possible should be the priority, embedding a loser culture is more damaging than anything, look at Melbourne and Richmond during the scully and tambling years. Also i don’t expect B. Scott teams to non competitive, he’ll nail them if they put in performances like we did under rutten.

29 Likes

He did all the drills on Monday. He did though do lighter work today

1 Like

If we knowingly tank i would not be a member the following year and unleash on the podcast and try and get everyone sacked lol

7 Likes

Keep up the lack of optimism. Seriously, I remember (some) training reports from the last few years luring us into thinking we’re about to see significant change on-field. Was it last pre-season where we heard about Truck pausing defensive drills to point out where the players were going wrong? I’d rather go into the season expecting very little than a repeat of 2018, 2019, 2020 or 2022.

7 Likes

I’m still scarred by the start of last season; an absolute debacle! Any improvement from that performance round 1 this year, be it ever so small, will be welcomed heartily.

3 Likes

The middle aged dudes at the back look fitter than Jake. They’re probably blitzers

I’m not sure that citing teams that have won 4 out of the last 7 premiership is really helping your argument :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Surely we beat the Hawks in round 1.

Good one Matt.

Im still suffering from 2019 Rd1, last years hasn’t even registered yet :sleepy:

2 Likes

How’d Jones train today?

1 Like

Hahahaha…you’re my kinda blitzer

1 Like

We’ll beat Hawks, Gold Coast, GWS and Saints in the first 4 rounds, bookmark it.

4 Likes

Great to hear he’s out there and getting involved. There’s a lot to like about the kid. Hopefully he does enough to justify a spot on the list over the next couple of months.

Were there any other train-on guys there today?

2 Likes

Why has no training reports talked about Stringer wearing a hat to training.

1 Like

I think it’s right to be as realistic as possible.

I dont expect instant success but I DO expect to see an improvement in the teams effort.

While I might be able to accept a reduced expectation on what the team can achieve in 23 I wont accept this constant milling around the bottom and middle of the ladder. At some point there has to be linear success.

2 Likes

As well as a crap football department and executives, I think last year highlighted just how poor our player leadership and experience is.

There just isn’t the drive and accountability of professional standards among the players. That can change, and Scott can help, but it will take a long time and it’s vital the malaise doesn’t infect the recent draftees.

6 Likes

Surely you could’ve named a past player here…think McGrath gets lashed a little too freely. He has played some great footy for the club and, though he’s stalled over the last couple of years, I’m cautiously optimistic that his best is yet to come. I’m looking forward to seeing a more experienced McGrath settled in defence, and think it well within the realms of possibility that he could be in the AA conversation come season’s end. With some confidence and support he can still be a star for us. Tipping Brad Scott to harness his potential :crossed_fingers:

20 Likes

the thing everyone is missing here, is that our players are shiit so we look shiit on the track. its why we get belted week in, week out. we win a few games or have good patches out of sheer determination, not talent

the list is garbage. fkn hell, Scott basically indicated that when he said a while ago it will take time. which means, itll be years until we’re good which im completely comfortable with. Finally a coach who can read the list

The good kids are good, but will take a few years. good grief, snelling and guelfi are top runners in our b&f the last few years. says it all.

13 Likes

@CJohns is parish back in full training?

1 Like