Training Wed 30th June

not long ago i thought having smart coaches was a pipedream, so good having a switched on coaching panel.

Cheers CJohns

3 Likes

We have a great coaching group all came from successful clubs

1 Like

Is tulla always that windy @CJohns ? Sounds like a gale from the vids.

If so, I wonder how much would that be impacting any footskills training.

1 Like

One thing i will sayā€¦ if Caldwell, Shiel and McGrath can be long term injury free for 2022. Watching Cox in the forward drills and seeing him being a real handful on the lead for some of our good backsā€¦ does make you wonder if we are staring at the answer for our tall forward in front of us. He looked quite comfortable on the lead today.

34 Likes

Caldwell,Shiel,McGrath,Parish,Merret

If we could add Kelly that would be a pretty good fcking midfield

Also can have Stringer play stints in the middle

1 Like

Needs more Mitch Wallis.

People might not agree but I think Mitch Wallis would be a good addition will add some grunt and experience in the middle can also drift forward and kick goals

His old man owns a dealership in Essendon and is good mates with Dodoro iirc

4 Likes

Were there any loud roars at training today?

1 Like

Okay, so the stupid filter doesnā€™t like ā€œtodayā€™s hit outā€.

2 Likes

Better out than in, I say.

On any day, not just today.

4 Likes

P.S farkcarlton

1 Like

Not that i heard

1 Like

Thanks @CJohns . Appreciate your training obs & videos. :+1:

ā€œBig Cox with a sausage!ā€ has a nice ring to it.

Imagine he smashes it as a forward

Heā€™ll be envy of the comp a dual sided 200 cm wingman that can play as a forward

5 Likes

iā€™m sure he did. the question is how comfortable would he be when itā€™s someone like Kyle Hartigan riding him into the ground

that isnā€™t to rule out the possibility that he might end up a future key forward but i donā€™t think heā€™s going to be ready for that sort of physical attention next year.

3 Likes

langford has earned his midfield stripes this past month i feel. in an onball role too.

14 Likes

He did say he sees himself as a KPD ultimately. Heā€™d be a nightmare match up for basically any defender if he moved up and down between wing and forwardline.

1 Like

Yep but did we ever try to correct with the previous coachā€¦ no to do it immediately after probably having a review then a refresher on the track bodes wellā€¦