Training Wednesday 07/07/21

Is he training the house down?

1 Like

I would say definitely not. More likely they are just taking the chance to include him in the leading practice drill to teach him some forward craft.

Yeah I tend to agree now as there is an “A team “ vs “B team” full ground training drill on at the moment and Mcbride is in the “b team”.

1 Like

Shiel and Caldwell are both still doing very light exercise drills which mostly consist of straight line running.
Phillips and Zaharakis runnings laps.

Baldwin trained for the first hour with the main group and competed well.
He was up against Stewart and Laverde at times and held his ground. He has a nice natural kicking action and most of his set shots seemed to be very straight. He is now having body positioning training 1-1 with belly. I recon he’s probably only a few weeks away from a vfl game but his fitness will have to be an issue given his size and how far he has come back.

42 Likes

QONVIyz

22 Likes

Who is in the “A” that didnt play AFL last week?

A visit to Engadine Maccas.

4 Likes

No unusual suspects. I’d say the team will remain relatively unchanged. Cox was in the b team so I’d say he will be rested. Cutler seems to be playing the Heppell role. Ham, Waterman, Wright and Hooker in the A team.

2 Likes

24 Likes

Abrams?

2 Likes

Most of the players are off the ground now. Pretty much only a couple left practicing marking on the hanger bag.
Draper hung around and has set shots under the tutelage of Cara.

Dry and cold conditions here with very little wind.

I’d have to say the group were pretty upbeat.

Just a couple of mentions. I know most already know but I recon Jones will be an absolute gun. He had nice repeat lead patterns during the full ground drill and kicked a few goals from some nice marks in the short amount of time they played.
He stuck around after training and practiced his goal kicking from all angles and I didn’t see him miss.
Parish, Merrett and Langford moved the ball well and Clarke tackled and attacked the ball with aggression.
I hope I’m wrong but I think Durham has a slight foot/angle injury as he spent the last part of training on the sidelines with a trainer pointing to his leg. Maybe even shin splints as he was pointing to that area.

As previously mentioned I don’t see there being wholesale changes given the teams the boys were separated into. Perkins still with the A group, maybe Cox to miss.

64 Likes

Thanks for your reports :+1:

1 Like

Cheers! Much appreciated.
How did Francis go?

Thanks mate

Hooker rested with Draper and Wright rotation FF and Ruck duties

I was probably focusing more on the forwards today but what I saw of Francis was all good. I’m a big fan of Francis and hope he’s better mentally and stays at Efc.

18 Likes

Was Reid in the A team? I’d love to see him play seniors in good conditions. That debut in torrential rain was a rough induction!

3 Likes

If Baldwin is in full training, I don’t see how he can’t have a run in the VFL this week or next. But who knows where the medicos see him on his prescribed road to recovery.

2 Likes

I’d imagine they would want him in full training for a while before playing, considering his injuries and time out of the game.

4 Likes

Cheers for the report

I’m expecting a tall to come back into side in place of Hep - who of Zerk/Reid did you note was A team?

And if Cox going out, perhaps to sub, maybe Guelfi swaps out of sub back into team. Was Guelfi in A team?

1 Like