Training Wednesday 07/07/21

Thanks WOOSHA for that insight.

4 Likes

Guelfi was in the b team. Pretty sure Reid didnā€™t train so doubt he plays. Cox was playing defence for the B team. Zerk also in the B team.

2 Likes

Blitz has a low bar?

Great work @skidmark82 I now need to change my own underwear.

Durham had his calf strapped the other day. Might be that?

2 Likes

Did there appear to be a primary focus for this training session?

Yeah interesting, might be related. Might be shin splints given the area the bandage is on and where he was pointing. Not surprised given the extra running he would have had to do over the past few weeks.

Iā€™d have to say 1) goal kicking and 2) moving the ball into the forward line.

The main drill which went for approx 30 minutes was the A team vs B team. The drill always started with the A team with the ball in defence and they had to try and hit up targets before hopefully kicking the goal.
It seemed like Hooker and other forwards were blocking a lot more for each other which probably helped Jones get a good lead and leap at the footy. As previously mentioned Jones kicked 2/3 goals and looked a million bucks. Stringer kicked a couple of freak goals. Clarke for the B team midfield tackled well and made it difficult for the A team. Brand and Durham (aka Duzza) also competed well for the B team.

15 Likes

I like the idea of Cox getting some time at half back, just to get his hands on the ball a bit and get involved with some defensive chains.

Wouldnā€™t want him isolated deep 1:1 but might suit him to play as a third tall for a game to help him get his form back

2 Likes

Thanks @skidmark82 . Great report & observations.
I fear the ā€œHooker blockingā€¦free kickā€ will be the Friday night special.

as Tex kicks 4 goals doing the exact same thing at the other end.

4 Likes

So not as thick as tree trunks, but the trucks that carry them? That is thick.

5 Likes

Heā€™ll have a solid block of full training before he plays VFL. Donā€™t think the club will be fussed if he plays much or at all this year.

1 Like

The A team/B team thing is probably misleading. They wouldnā€™t have 44 players training, so you canā€™t have all 22 in the A team and still have even numbers.

3 Likes

I agree its probably mis-leading but you only need 36
I doubt they are running interchange

1 Like

You could also quite easily do away with a player or 2 down 1 end if you are simply moving the ball from defence to attack on repeat

3 Likes

Yeah, but 22 of those guys are going to play on Friday. So some of them are undoubtedly on the ā€œBā€ team in the sims.

1 Like

Thanks Skids for the reports. Great to hear your insights and observations that we might try something different to kick goals on Friday night. Or probably notā€¦ :roll_eyes:

That, is a bridge , or maybe 5 bridges too far

Hey, a defensive midfielder!! BHI. Only joking, put him in the VFL for a couple of weeks , we really need him in there.