Training Wednesday 18/1

<blockquote class="Quote" rel="username already taken"

Is he a winner? Should I put Mrs Fox's house on it ?

With all your ex wives have you got any houses left?

Didn’t say his house did he?

Fixed

I don’t think Stanton will be starting in the back 6

But his likely role as a winger will see him at times having to cover any men who’ve our HBF’rs have made the play and run away from up the ground.

I’d see Kelly and Stanton just interchanging positions in that manner regularly throughout the game.

As such Stanton working on his one on one defending and understanding the positioning of the defensive group is important hence he been training there.

<blockquote class="Quote" rel="username already taken"

Is he a winner? Should I put ex Mrs Fox's house on it ?

With all your ex wives have you got any houses left?

Didn’t say his house did he?

Fixed

Fixed

I don't think Stanton will be starting in the back 6

But his likely role as a winger will see him at times having to cover any men who’ve our HBF’rs have made the play and run away from up the ground.

I’d see Kelly and Stanton just interchanging positions in that manner regularly throughout the game.

As such Stanton working on his one on one defending and understanding the positioning of the defensive group is important hence he been training there.

I reckon Stants will line up at HBF, but as soon as the ball is bounced he will become another midfielder. If he is still as fit as he used to be i expect him to have a very good year. Midfield is he domain, doesn’t have the defensive mindset to stop guys in the backline. Most opposition teams will put one of their best forwards on him and try and hurt him the other way.

I expect that in this day and age they use the HBF and HFF to rest midfielders, and rotate through as well as the interchange bench. So probably Kelly, Goddard and Stanton will be rotating between midfield, HBF and the bench, while guys like Fantasia, Zerrett, Langford, Zaha, Colyer, Walla will rotate through the forward line/midfield/bench.

GIven that Jerrett is playing half back in the training match simulations, I make it that we have 8 HBFers vying for Rd1. For mine, Kelly and Stanton get the starting spots (Baguley BP). This leaves remaining contenders in approx. order of merit as Gleeson, Dea, McKenna, McGrath, Jerrett, Morgan. If there are no injuries, who plays half back in the VFL? If they don't get a spot elsewhere in the AFL best 22 (eg IC), you could see Gleeson playing as mid in VFL, McGrath mid, Morgan wing, maybe McKenna wing?? leaving Dea and Jerrett as HBF. If so, where does Long play? It's going to be a log jam of players playing similar roles if there are no injuries. Same goes for 3rd tall forward, where any or all of Redman, Begley, Ridley and possibly Lav (if not in best 22) could be playing a similar role. (Francis forward or back?) Bugger all ruckmen and KPF but lots of flankers and 3rd talls.

Back 6 will be
Bags, Hartley, Dea
McG/Stanton, Hurley, Kelly

Long is a wing/hff you want that creativity and magic spark up forward.

Dont like brown in there?
I know it’s hard to fit them all in but I really think brown and Gleeson will be in there. Stanton through the midfield and defence aswell (same as kelly)
Not to mention ambrose who will start in the starting six I rekon.
We’re spoilt for choice a bit which is really good.

I expect that in this day and age they use the HBF and HFF to rest midfielders, and rotate through as well as the interchange bench. So probably Kelly, Goddard and Stanton will be rotating between midfield, HBF and the bench, while guys like Fantasia, Zerrett, Langford, Zaha, Colyer, Walla will rotate through the forward line/midfield/bench.

Agree ants. In 2016 Zaha improved dramatically as a mid when not tagged. I can definitely see him rotating through hff/ mid, and agree Goddard should rotate through hbf. He was really creative off hbf in the year he won the crichton.
Hopefully we will not have to play a +1 in defence much this year, except to protect a lead. If we do play a +1, chook should be the one to go down back. ( In the same way Petrie did whenever north got 2 goals ahead of us in the last over the last few years)

Lol. Poor old man Goddard lined up next to Longy!!! I hope Longy was giving him a bit of "too slow, old man" and blind turning & baulking around him for fun.

I remember watching Longy’s dad getting into trouble with his baulking sometimes. He was so quick he would baulk twice and run straight into a tackle because his opponent hadn’t had time to respond to the first baulk.

:smiley:

GIven that Jerrett is playing half back in the training match simulations, I make it that we have 8 HBFers vying for Rd1. For mine, Kelly and Stanton get the starting spots (Baguley BP). This leaves remaining contenders in approx. order of merit as Gleeson, Dea, McKenna, McGrath, Jerrett, Morgan. If there are no injuries, who plays half back in the VFL? If they don't get a spot elsewhere in the AFL best 22 (eg IC), you could see Gleeson playing as mid in VFL, McGrath mid, Morgan wing, maybe McKenna wing?? leaving Dea and Jerrett as HBF. If so, where does Long play? It's going to be a log jam of players playing similar roles if there are no injuries. Same goes for 3rd tall forward, where any or all of Redman, Begley, Ridley and possibly Lav (if not in best 22) could be playing a similar role. (Francis forward or back?) Bugger all ruckmen and KPF but lots of flankers and 3rd talls.

We will use Hardwick’s Ninthmond lineup:

B: HBF Rance HBF
HB: HBF HBF HBF
C: HBF Cotchin HBF
HF: HBF Reiwoldt HBF
F: HBF Gangly Spud HBF
R: Tall HBF Martin HBF

Back 6 will be
Bags, Hartley, Dea

I know it’s hard to fit them all in but I really think brown and Gleeson will be in there. Stanton through the midfield and defence aswell (same as kelly)

The back 6 has plenty of options. But I cannot remember seeing a best 22 with all three of those guys in it.

I reckon you’re commenting on someone elses 6 without having put together your own… amiright???

Back 6 will be
Bags, Hartley, Dea

The back 6 has plenty of options. But I cannot remember seeing a best 22 with all three of those guys in it.

I reckon you’re commenting on someone elses 6 without having put together your own… amiright???

Correct!

You would wonder if the limited bench rotations would suit Stanton. Not fast but a renown gut runner. Potentially he could be the player still going strong at the end of games.

You would wonder if the limited bench rotations would suit Stanton. Not fast but a renown gut runner. Potentially he could be the player still going strong at the end of games.

Potentially? He is definitely the player who is running as fast and as much at the end of the game as at the start.

Does anyone know if the boys will be training on the 27th?

Ive got the day off and would love to take the twins down for daddy son time.

Unsure, but my horse is most likely having its first start at the valley, keep an eye on it - Supergrass and no I didn’t name him

Is he a winner? Should I put Mark Stevens' house on it ?

Fixed.

No training or training reports today? Then what am I supposed to read?

Come back tomorrow lunchtime… it’ll all be worth it.

Paul Cousins is doing an intraclub match report.

Come back tomorrow lunchtime… it’ll all be worth it.

Paul Cousins is doing an intraclub intrachip report.

It’s chip on chip tasting and he aims to ■■■■ DJR off.