Training Wednesday 19/2/14

Training in mild conditions at Tullamarine on the McCracken Oval.

Pretty much a light recovery session today after Monday’s match although the players who didn’t play on Monday, Pears, Watson, Fletcher, Chapman, Winderlich, Ambrose, Rayner, Fantasia, Gregory, Edwards, van Unen and Goddard had a longer session moving the ball up and down the ground. Winders emphasised the need for forwards not to move too far up the ground to provide a target after Watson ways forced to pass to Ambrose leading into the pocket.

Joe didn’t train today but don’t panic he just appeared to b having a rest.

Bomber took goal kicking practice with players having set shots from the left forward pocket which was particularly difficult for left footers and he took a great deal of trouble to set the marking players at the side to exactly five metres too harass players stepping out wide for the banana kick. I guess this has to be practised but seeing him directing Hurley at shooting from this spot brought back bad memories of last year’s dysfunctional forward lines and Hurley’s leads to this unproductive spot.

Not much else to say but David and I both thought Dempsey who was doing modified training with Myers looks much bigger in the upper body his year.

Pretty much a light recovery session today after Monday's match although the players who didn't play on Monday, Pears, Watson, Fletcher, Chapman, Winderlich, Ambrose, Rayner, Fantasia, Gregory, Edwards, van Unen and Goddard had a longer session moving the ball up and down the ground. Winders emphasised the need for forwards not to move too far up the ground to provide a target after Watson ways forced to pass to Ambrose leading into the pocket.
Joe didn't train today but don't panic he just appeared to b having a rest.
Bomber took goal kicking practice with players having set shots from the left forward pocket which was particularly difficult for left footers and he took a great deal of trouble to set the marking players at the side to exactly five metres too harass players stepping out wide for the banana kick. I guess this has to be practised but seeing him directing Hurley at shooting from this spot brought back bad memories of last year's dysfunctional forward lines and Hurley's leads to this unproductive spot.
Not much else to say but David and I both thought Dempsey who was doing modified training with Myers looks much bigger in the upper body his year.

Thanks heaps for the report
RIP joe

Pretty much a light recovery session today after Monday's match although the players who didn't play on Monday, Pears, Watson, Fletcher, Chapman, Winderlich, Ambrose, Rayner, Fantasia, Gregory, Edwards, van Unen and Goddard had a longer session moving the ball up and down the ground. Winders emphasised the need for forwards not to move too far up the ground to provide a target after Watson ways forced to pass to Ambrose leading into the pocket.
Joe didn't train today but don't panic he just appeared to b having a rest.
Bomber took goal kicking practice with players having set shots from the left forward pocket which was particularly difficult for left footers and he took a great deal of trouble to set the marking players at the side to exactly five metres too harass players stepping out wide for the banana kick. I guess this has to be practised but seeing him directing Hurley at shooting from this spot brought back bad memories of last year's dysfunctional forward lines and Hurley's leads to this unproductive spot.

Thanks JM.

Good to hear about them noticing the forwards pushing up too far. It was as big a problem of them pushing up too far and the midfielders not having a target, as it was the defenders pushing up too far and getting caught out on the counter.

Dempsey big in the upper body, we talking shoulders and chest or stomach and chins?

Appreciated as always JM

nice to hear that goddard is out of the modified group. still no melk? minor foot issue will clear up in a couple of days my hat.

nice to hear that goddard is out of the modified group. still no melk? minor foot issue will clear up in a couple of days my hat.

Could it be that they're modifying his preseason so he's ready to go round 3, not round 1?

Cheers JM. Did Hams train today?

Could it be that they're modifying his preseason so he's ready to go round 3, not round 1?

If anything you'd think he'd be doing more if he is missing the 1st 2 rounds not put on a modified program.

it could be but that wouldn't explain why he hasn't trained (as far as i know and don't make it out there) since he hurt his foot a week ago.

Cheers JM. Did Hams train today?

No.

Mild conditions but still the mini skirt and 9 inch manolos?

thanks JM

apologies if been mentioned but does anyone know how Browne went with his scans ?

thanks JM

apologies if been mentioned but does anyone know how Browne went with his scans ?

It's being discussed in the LTI thread. That probably says all you need to know.

thanks Split

Melkman trained through the recovery session but did not take part in simulated match practice with the others. He didn't look far away. I would expect to see him play either against Port Adelaide next week or more likely, Richmond at Punt Rd the following week.

Melkman trained through the recovery session but did not take part in simulated match practice with the others. He didn't look far away. I would expect to see him play either against Port Adelaide next week or more likely, Richmond at Punt Rd the following week.

good to hear thanks

Melksham will be missing the first two rounds, anyway.

Mild conditions but still the mini skirt and 9 inch manolos?

For sure!

Melksham will be missing the first two rounds, anyway.

Still can't believe he got suspended for that. Biggest load of horse s@%t I have seen in a long time. The match review panel and tribunal are a nothing but insipid scum .  

So…Hurley is going to be kicking bananna goals from the back pocket? Good plan - the opposition wont see that coming!