Training Wednesday 25th January 2023

It depends on what kind of exercises you do, but basically, you need a 48 hour recovery after doing weights. You can’t get fitter without recovering after a session.

5 Likes

You probably don’t train for as long or at as high intensity as the footy players.

6 Likes

Reckon Ewok might have been taking the ■■■■, just quietly.

3 Likes

They would be doing recovery exercises, massages and some light cardio in the gym on the other days I would imagine.

2 Likes

Apologies. plz 4give.

1 Like

Say 5 Hail Hirdys and an Our Daniher and all is forgiven :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

I Imagine Golf, surfing, cooking, pilates or Yoga (Hep)

Interesting Zaka is taking up triathlons too.

3 Likes

WTF? I train until I drop.

ie approx 10 minutes

16 Likes

Our Daniher, who art in Brisbane
Huge Flog be thy name
Thy dives will come
Thy goals be none
On angles as it is directly in front.
Give us this day your daily 60 metre goal attempt
And forgive us laughing at your short passes
As we forgive those who play badly against us
And lead us not into bombing it long;
But deliver it to a leading forward who can mark and kick.
For fine is the Davey twins, and the Peter and the Harry
For ever and ever.
Oh man.

43 Likes

I have to say I find it bizarre how little the players train. I understand that loads need to be managed, so when it comes to weight training, aerobic training etc there’s a cap. But why aren’t they practicing their skills for many hours every day? Especially kicking skills.

Professional concert pianists practice about 4 hours per day then ramp it up towards 7 or 8 hours prior to a concert. According to Cirque du Soleil circus performers practice a particular skill (e.g. juggling) for 2 hours per day. This is what it takes to perfect a coordination skill so that it’s completely embedded in muscle memory. Then I see our guys shanking kicks from 25m out and think … what a bunch of amateurs.

4 Likes

I agree with @Hump-it_Hump-it.

Oy! As the only person on this forum with a more ridiculous name than mine, watch it!

2 Likes

Exactly.

How was the rutten-Richmond game plan ever meant to work with our terrible small forward stocks in 2022

Mainly because kicking is a gross motor skill rather than a fine motor skill. If our players were kicking for 7-8 hours a day they would have chronic overload issues

4 Likes

Not a large number of muscle groups at play. Though there is a lot more concentration or grey matter flexation required. A lot of musical practice is muscle memory stuff.

Indeed, it is more mental for music practice.

For intense physical performance work, most research shows that having lighter recovery days after intense training days is effective in ensuring the body adequately recovers and can handle the required load. Don’t have citations at hand, but a quick search on Google Scholar will find them soon enough.

1 Like

Who or what are you talking about? No idea who that is!

1 Like

fmd. How good was Gavin Wanganeen?

2 Likes

Ha!! I actually thought it was very clever.

6 Likes