Training Wednesday 4/6/14

Think Gleeson has a minor quad (no pun intended). 2-3 weeks.

EDIT: Cue Smythy rant on clubs prognosis for quad injuries.

Did he kick it???

I gots to know.

Yeah Myers kicked it, Chapman kicked a couple and Ryder kicked 3 as if Corrigan was a pesky little fly. Myers could be heard saying, "this drill is really fun" or something like that.

Yes but the question was did Fantasia kick it?

And the answer is…?

Cheers Jackie! Hopefully I'll be able to make a few training sessions this month and meet up, as well as take some snaps  ;)

Thanks JM…

Thanks JM.

I wonder if Licha's knee is still giving him a little bit of grief.

I have seen him be quietish in games but never as much on Saturday. Was uncharacteristic.

Anyway, seems like spirits are high overall. Go Dons!

V.happy to read they are spending good time on goal kicking practice.  

As for the rest of what the drills, love the mantra from Bomber to push practice makes perfect. It will yield results.

They have every reason to be up and confident with a win like that after the bye.

Didn't we just have the bye? ;)

Last paragraph is significant in JM's report. 

Bombers by 74.

Regular readers will know l don't usually make predictions, but l am getting ready to launch a lid. 

Great report again ... as always many thanks!

Just wondering How Gleeson trained?

I don't recall seeing him train today I don't think he was there now that you mention it.

Doc's injury update on the club site said he has a calf strain and will be out for 3 weeks (from memory)

Plenty of time to work on his guns...

Thanks JM.

I have seen him be quietish in games but never as much on Saturday. Was uncharacteristic.

This is purely speculation, but I know we have been managing him and he is a quality player, so maybe once the game was 'in the bag' he didn't push himself. It was very much a must-win game, season defining, so we needed him out there even if he wasn't 100%.

I'm just trying to be positive, he seemed to have a pretty poor game and then get subbed. If it wasn't an injury maybe it was a case of 'just take it easy', we'll get the Melkman on to replace you once we get through the majority of the game without anyone else getting injured.

Last paragraph is significant in JM's report. 

Bombers by 74.

Regular readers will know l don't usually make predictions, but l am getting ready to launch a lid. 

It is unusual for you to be that pessimistic CJ.  I would have thought you would be predicting a 100+ point win. Without Cameron playing for them and a 6 day turn around after playing the Hawks I expect nothing less than a 100 point win. If Richmond can beat them by 110 then we should smash them...if we come to play with our A game.

Thanks JM.

This is purely speculation, but I know we have been managing him and he is a quality player, so maybe once the game was 'in the bag' he didn't push himself. It was very much a must-win game, season defining, so we needed him out there even if he wasn't 100%.

I'm just trying to be positive, he seemed to have a pretty poor game and then get subbed. If it wasn't an injury maybe it was a case of 'just take it easy', we'll get the Melkman on to replace you once we get through the majority of the game without anyone else getting injured.

I've never seen Licka just take it easy. It's 100% or nothing. Maybe he's injured but I doubt we would play him even if he just had a niggle. He's too valuable to risk. Haven't watched the replay and didn't really take too much notice of him while watching the game itself. Maybe it was just the way the ball was being delivered into the forward line? Or his job was to create space? Anyway, it was good we didn't need him on the night.

V.happy to read they are spending good time on goal kicking practice.  

As for the rest of what the drills, love the mantra from Bomber to push practice makes perfect. It will yield results.

They have every reason to be up and confident with a win like that after the bye.

Didn't we just have the bye? ;)

Perfect practice makes perfect. It's great to see he is scrutinizing the players so intensely, ensuring that bad practices don't flow into game day.

Did he kick it???

I gots to know.

Yeah Myers kicked it, Chapman kicked a couple and Ryder kicked 3 as if Corrigan was a pesky little fly. Myers could be heard saying, "this drill is really fun" or something like that.

Oh that one.  Here's a clue, he said what sounded a bit like "truck" after the kick.

Did he kick it???

I gots to know.

Oh that one.  Here's a clue, he said what sounded a bit like "truck" after the kick.

"luck"... so it must have taken a miracle bounce and rolled in right through the middle...?

Thanks JM.

I've never seen Licka just take it easy. It's 100% or nothing. Maybe he's injured but I doubt we would play him even if he just had a niggle. He's too valuable to risk. Haven't watched the replay and didn't really take too much notice of him while watching the game itself. Maybe it was just the way the ball was being delivered into the forward line? Or his job was to create space? Anyway, it was good we didn't need him on the night.

Back in April Bomber said this about Licka;

"All the quick blokes I know - and Chappy's the same - a lot of them, they just like to play fast," he said.

"Then when they feel good, they just try to go faster and do more.

"It wouldn't matter if it was the 29-minute mark of the last quarter, they'll still try to mark that ball that's out of their reach, by running fast, and then they tear - and 'Licka' has done that.

"We need to manage him [and] he needs to manage himself. If he got smart by the time he's 30 ... it would be nice.
"It's about time he did get smart, because we need him out on the ground.".

So maybe it's the penny having dropped for him?  Or maybe he just had a quiet game.

Thanks JM.

Back in April Bomber said this about Licka;

"All the quick blokes I know - and Chappy's the same - a lot of them, they just like to play fast," he said.

"Then when they feel good, they just try to go faster and do more.

"It wouldn't matter if it was the 29-minute mark of the last quarter, they'll still try to mark that ball that's out of their reach, by running fast, and then they tear - and 'Licka' has done that.

"We need to manage him [and] he needs to manage himself. If he got smart by the time he's 30 ... it would be nice.
"It's about time he did get smart, because we need him out on the ground.".

So maybe it's the penny having dropped for him?  Or maybe he just had a quiet game.

He ran to the wrong spots a couple times, and a couple times the delivery was poor.......that's all.

Agreed, Tattoo.
I was trying to suggest that while the 100% or nothing view of Licka may have previously been accurate it may no longer be the case.
But I do agree that sometimes it just doesn't all come together on game day and you have a quiet game and there's not really anything to read into it.

This could become a Blitz thing.

"HOW MANY SHRODINGER GOAL FANTASIA KICK"