Training Wednesday 8/1/14

Has Hocking has been in the top 5 in every time trial this pre season ?
If so he must be having his best yet.

You have to love him. You know exactly what you will get from him every game which is 150% and will never die wondering.
Every pack you can guarantee he is the bloke at the bottom of it scrapping.
Huge part of our midfield and we lose so much grunt and aggression when he doesn't play.
Very determined and motivated player.
I have always thought of Hocking as a physical beast that could lift a Datsun 180B over his head but I never thought he had the aerobic capabilities he is showing now...........
Determined and professional.

Absolutely.
I think also getting players in such as Goddard and Chapman will only help also.
They are both just as determined and self motivated and work hard every training session and game, which I think someone like Hocking would really thrive off and enjoy competing with those kind guys to help improve himself.

Time trial results:
1. Rayner
2. Ambrose
3. Stanton
4. Hocking
5. Aylett
6. Browne
7. Colyer
8. Zaharakis
9. Kavanagh

Colyer, 7th... really?  In a 2k time trial?  Well I'll be damned.  I'm on board the Colyer wagon for 2014.

Geez Stants relegated to 3rd!!
Rayner winning to be expected but that is fkn impressive from Ambrose.

Wasn't it said when he was drafted that he ran something like a 16-17 beep test?
If so it was only a matter of time until he started to have an impact.
Sounds like he could play next season and have an impact already.
He would be my pick to get a taste of senior footy first out of all our new recruits.
Yep massive tank.
Have to agree. If we aren't going to play Carlisle, Belly, Daniher together for fear of being too tall//lack of mobility at ground level then Ambrose has to be a very strong chance to be elevated early on and take that vacant 3rd tall spot. Doing himself no harm with performances on the track.
Amazing we landed a replacement so quickly for what appeared to be such a unique player in terms of size and running capacity in Crameri.

Also was relatively unknown to almost all Blitzers bar the guys who follow and watch the ressies regularly.

Think you will find that Ambrose was rarely mentioned in dispatches, and especially not as  draft material.

Yeah, Ambose wasn‘t mentioned AT ALL in the first twelve rounds… oh wait, he wasn‘t playing then.

We all knew Ambrose was quick, just ask Dean Jones.

I'm seeing Steinberg filling the Crameri role before anyone else to be honest.

He seems to be very much in the picture with the images and training reports I am reading.

Could be interesting watching his progress in 2014.

We all knew Ambrose was quick, just ask Dean Jones.

Dean Jones drives NASCAR?

He seems to be very much in the picture with the images and training reports I am reading.
Could be interesting watching his progress in

No one can say he hasn't paid his dues in the VFL, would love to see the Berg get an opportunity.

There is no Crameri role. Crameri was temporarily filling in for the Chapman role.

There is no Crameri role. Crameri was temporarily filling in for the Chapman role.

I had a Crameri Roll for lunch yesterday.
Looked amazing, first bite was yummy then got less tasty the more I ate. Left me with a bad taste in my mouth too. ;-)

Is it just me or does Ambrose have a bit of the Sylvia's about him in his face and physique?

Ambrose has a lot of the drop dead gorgeous about him in his face and physique ;)

Is it just me or does Ambrose have a bit of the Sylvia's about him in his face and physique?

Ambrose has a lot of the drop dead gorgeous about him in his face and physique ;)

Runs fast.

hats off to ambrose dominating in the time trial! mature age recruits have such a strong desire to succeed!

Good to see Lloydy back with the boys at training. Hope he’s having a looooong chat to the forwards. (And that someone is talking to the other guys down-field about their delivery into the forward line!)

wonder where nick o'brien ended up? he was usually in the top 3 for the time trial since hes been at the club

wonder where nick o'brien ended up? he was usually in the top 3 for the time trial since hes been at the club

It looked like he came in 11th, in all fairness there was only a few seconds between 4th and 14th.
Great choice of background music, I thought I was watching chariots of fire there for a sec.

Runs fast.

will need to keep running too, it seems - away !

O’Brien looked trashed at the end. I’d like to say there’s been massive improvement from 10+ players, but I suspect he’s hobbled somehow.

O'Brien looked trashed at the end. I'd like to say there's been massive improvement from 10+ players, but I suspect he's hobbled somehow.

I watched him run laps at Etihad last year post-game where he'd been the sub.

He had a fantastic running action - like some sort of track athlete.

Could be interesting watching his progress in 2014.

So what you're saying is Bomber is going to cast him in the Stevie J role? I'm guessing he might be better at that than Knights was.