Training Wednesday March 27

In: Mutch

He ain’t injured :wink:

1 Like

I heard the same thing.

Me too, it’s getting around a bit I think.

Interesting, would make more sense on the dropping from leadership group thing & well known his penchant for off field hijinx

Have heard Jack Steven’s scenario not as reported also. Very amusing story if true.

Optics 101 strategies continually put out there in club land

Bringing in the Bloods Culture

Not running or chasing or working up a sweat will do that

4 Likes

Some of you are terribly gullible

Definitely.

It’s basically how the club remain solvent.

3 Likes

Its been thrown out with the hard rubbish

I agree. Whatever it is, they’ve done well to keep it secret and entice Shiel to the club despite this problem. I think whatever the problem was last year wasnt resolved snd has reared its ugly head again.At the same time though, I find it hard to believe that Smith wouldn’t have told Shiel when the club was trying to woo him. Pure speculation on my part but that’s what my intuition is telling me.

Probably the constantly frigging around with the game plan.

4 Likes

It was resolved IMO

Then they brought in Rutten and frigged it up again.

Maybe in combination with being poorly physically/mentally prepared for the season yet again. And out the door goes our head of S&C.

7 Likes

Yep, I’d (almost) put money on this being the issue.

How often do you hear of good sides underperforming becuase of a gameplan?

Pretty much never right.

There’s good sides and bad sides, gameplan is just a convenient way of supporters not admitting the truth about their side.

9 Likes

So did Heppel

• not say that is the way we play?
  • or say that is the way we play and we play ■■■■■ because we train ■■■■■?

I choose to believe @jackie_mihocek s report is as true as all of those ones involving Tiff.

1 Like

Agreed. If it was a game plan issue, I think you would see players at least look animated with one another, maybe even argue. Just see absolute none of that and zero passion from any players on the ground, going through the motions. Again it’s speculation on my part, I’ve heard no rumours or anything like that. And I have no sources at the club or anything like that.

4 Likes

I can imagine that being continually asked to take one step back to learn a new game plan would be pretty dispiriting from the players’ perspective. As per Speedy’s point above ^.

2 Likes

Perhaps all the guys aged 29 and 30 have come to the realisation they stand no chance of winning a flag, or even competing competitively in finals. So Hooker, TBC, Myers, Hurley, Zaharakis have lost motivation and the resentment is bubbling to the top. I also think it’s possible Merrett is struggling without his brother there and without his best mate Joe D up and running.