Trav Cloke

Look Cloke is better than people are giving him credit for and is a decent CHF. We don't need a CHF we already have one who is going to be better than, or at a minimum, the same as Cloke. What we need is a FF and we do not need to trade for an older one. We need to build a strong forward line and one that is going to be together for a number of years 5+, Cloke isn't going to be that player.

If we are going to trade for a FF it has to be a youngish type forward who cannot get games at another club due to numbers. Preferably we start building via drafts for this, just as we have been with our midfield.

Not sure who you are talking about there mate? Cloke was an absolute gun and has been for most of his career. Oh brown… you really rate brown don’y you?

Cameron Cloke was a nice guy

Not the brightest though

I don't understand how we could not want him!

Because he’s an expensive old forward that is no longer able to kick goals.

I don't understand how we could not want him!

Because he’s an expensive old forward that is no longer able to kick goals.

And?

Yeh nah

Cue an Angels song…

He kicked 3 goals on the weekend after doing nothing previously so now the call is for him to come back into the side because he is all good now.

Want. Just for the reaction

In all seriousness, if we didnt have to give up anything for him, or not much at all, you’d look at it with what a dogs breakfast our forward line is

Not the type of forward that we need. His best football is when he leads high up the ground and takes strong marks. He’s struggled ever since Collingwood traded Dawes, as Cloke is now expected to play close to goal.

If we had both Cloke and Daniher, that’s 2 players that can’t play close to goal and play their best football outside the 50 metre ark. It just doesn’t solve anything.

Cue an Angels song...

Well, he was linked to the bulldogs in the media, so the dogs might be talking…

Not the type of forward that we need. His best football is when he leads high up the ground and takes strong marks. He's struggled ever since Collingwood traded Dawes, as Cloke is now expected to play close to goal.

If we had both Cloke and Daniher, that’s 2 players that can’t play close to goal and play their best football outside the 50 metre ark. It just doesn’t solve anything.

I said that earlier and i still stand by it. They are essentially the same type of forward so it would be a pointless exercise and only hold JD back even further. Of the two i would prefer Joe, he is younger and has plenty of upside, Cloke is getting to the end and would waste a spot.

What we need is to get in a FF that frees Joe up.

Not the type of forward that we need. His best football is when he leads high up the ground and takes strong marks. He's struggled ever since Collingwood traded Dawes, as Cloke is now expected to play close to goal.

I said that earlier and i still stand by it. They are essentially the same type of forward so it would be a pointless exercise and only hold JD back even further. Of the two i would prefer Joe, he is younger and has plenty of upside, Cloke is getting to the end and would waste a spot.

Agree. I was hoping that we would make an offer for Schultz last trade week. As he would be cheap, he would gel well with Daniher, he takes contested marks, kicks set shot goals, plays well inside the 50 metre arc, and would struggle for game time with Dixon going to Port. He’d be a short term option, but that is better than nothing at the moment.

Patton for example

Wants to stay at the Pies. WSPHU.

Shuddered when I saw this topic move upwards.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Good looking girlfriend…

Ordinary looking dad

Cloke to the Hawks? Too early?