Travel Thread

You going to Rome or Florence? It’s 100 times worse there. Paris is probably my favourite major city in the world and this is coming from someone who refused to go there and only went because my wife wanted to go. I even said to her we’ll do it at the start of the trip so I have the rest if the holiday to make up for it. Boy was I wrong, was sensational.

No, not Italy this time. Yes, Paris was amazing. Absolutely loved it. On the train back to London now. I might get to experience the hottest day ever in two different countries on the same day. Not often you could say that!

On the trip over I had what must be the older A350. The whole experience was pretty good, and excellent value for money, but there was not much class about the whole thing. Food was well above economy standard, but far from great. Qantas lounge in Melbourne and Lotus Lounge in Hanoi are very ordinary, but you do get free alcohol.

Would I pay double the price for a classier feel?

No.

Talking about Vietnam Airlines business class, for those who haven’t been paying attention.

And right now it’s coming up to 9pm and 39 degrees in Paris. A cool change is forecast but it ain’t here yet.

40oC and humid in Hangzhou fwiw

Of course everyone has ac in buildings and cars but that just contributes to the long term problem

Going to Toronto tomorrow. Come at me.

1 Like

I for one envy thee

1 Like

Dropping in at Rogers Centre?

29 in Tropea. Love it

Stunning place and sounds like you have copped perfect weather

Is it true what the internet says about their red onions?

It’s known for its clifftop historic center, beaches and prized red onions.

There are red onions everywhere. Good conditions for them.

Just about every dish has onion or red chillies on it. Love this place, though the hotel isn’t as good as it was when I was here 3 years ago.

2 Likes

Yeah, perfect. The water at Mare Piccolo is crystal clear as well

Doubtful. Solid few days of work then down to Chicago to MHQ. They love to jam an agenda hard.

@Aceman you’d be happy with my travel arrangements

Why is that?

I’m guessing lah-de-dah flights and hotels.

2 Likes

As per flog thread have maintained by travel snobbery (albeit for work so not my dime).

Where are you staying?
What is the accommodation like?
We stayed at Santa Domenica a couple of years ago which was about a 5 minute train ride away from Tropea. Absolutely brilliant area and surprisingly not overrun by tourists (may be different now)

Depends who you are flying with :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I fly Qantas. They look after me pretty well.

I very rarely fly QF paid flights anymore unless absolutely necessary. They charge 5 star prices for 3 star service and quality. Sometimes they are the only option though for award flights but they aren’t our preference. I was rusted on to QF for years but finally saw the light