Travel Thread

2 Likes

There was a dog on my flight between LA and New York a couple of years ago but was in one of those little capsules that people carry cats around in. Not sure if the owner did that by choice or if it was a requirement. Not sure what you’d do with a bigger dog.

I’m pretty good with jetlag but our 3 year-old is really struggling. I’ve been up with her from 11 pm til 7 pm the last two nights. Trying to keep her up during the day, but it’s a fine line between doing what’s necessary to adjust and being cruel. It’s really tricky! We got her up at 11am this morning and she staued awake til 7pm , so hoping she’ll sleep til at least 4am. Fingers crossed.

Expose her body to as much natural light as possible, particularly sun.

1 Like

Yeah, I read about that last niggt as a way to combat it for the little ones, and to be honest, we probably could have done better on that front in the first two days. She was outside a lot today so hopefully we some improvement tonight. So far, so good!

Good advice, considering the only other commonly available “natural light” would be moonlight, which is not a good cure for jet lag. :wink:

2 Likes

On the way home from a quick but lovely couple of weeks in Europe … thought you guys might like this

9 Likes

Geez that place looks familiar, are you in London?

We were… London, Edinburgh, Paris.

One of my cousins lives in White City about 2 streets over from QPR and I reckon we may have walked past that joint a few times. Probably hundreds of places like that in London though so maybe not

I reckon you’re right… it’s in Uxbridge Road… we were staying with friends in Shepherds Bush

Wow, it might just be the place then. We walked past it a few times on the way to the big Westfield shopping centre if it’s the place I’m thinking of

Yep Westfield is just around the corner … well a couple of corners :grin:

When you tour as ZZ top you grow the beard more right?

@Reboot look a likes is one of my favourite games.

2 Likes

Going to Japan again.

YEAH!

Bit worries about the comments re Qantas though. Maybe Japan leg is good though given it should have some Japanese attendants on board. First time using Qantas in about 10 years.

Also odd that Jetstar gets 787s and Qantas is using A330s for the same flight.

They also do it in Australia, and if you think it is disgrace and abuse those with mental issues are “mental midgets” then you are a bigger prikk than I first thought. What about blind people with dogs, what pearl of wisdom do you have about them ?

Does the dog really need to be in the cabin though? The only place you can go is the dunny and a hostie can organise that.

Sorry that was an oversight on my behalf. No problem with disability animals at all. My post was aimed at the idiots who take animals on board as emotional support which is prevalent mainly in the US. People taking peacocks, pigs, goats, chickens etc onboard. Unless you have a legitimate disability keep your animals in the cargo hold.

1 Like

That’s also where infants should be stored on flights

Actually, given the behaviour of some adults this should be default for them as well. What the fark is it with putting your feet up on the bulkhead, Like right up high on the bulkhead wall. And ditto for seats in the terminus and lounges. Seriously, some “people” are so farked up selfish.

2 Likes