Travel Thread

With the people in Paris, if you greet them in French and say thank you in French then they are fine and very friendly.
Ciao and Grazie, right?
Dis gun be good.

I’m going through six languages in eight weeks. I’m doomed.

Heading to France - Spain - Portugal for 5 weeks on July 18th. Scheduled it before I knew about Tippa, so don't judge me.

Anyone have any advice or must sees for the following itinerary? (including changes to the itinerary):

Paris -> Dordogne -> Province -> San Sebastian -> Barcelona -> Granada -> Seville -> Porto -> Lisbon/Sintra

I know we are cramming the places in, normally its not our style but there is heaps we want to see so thats the plan currently.

Paris is the greatest city in the world, hope you are there for around 5 nights.

With the people in Paris, if you greet them in French and say thank you in French then they are fine and very friendly.

I think we are 2 days at the start and 4 at the end, so that’s exciting to hear. Ciao and Grazie, right?

I’m a bigger fan of Barcelona over Paris. El Born is a great Barrio to stay in.

Heading to France - Spain - Portugal for 5 weeks on July 18th. Scheduled it before I knew about Tippa, so don't judge me.

Anyone have any advice or must sees for the following itinerary? (including changes to the itinerary):

Paris -> Dordogne -> Province -> San Sebastian -> Barcelona -> Granada -> Seville -> Porto -> Lisbon/Sintra

I know we are cramming the places in, normally its not our style but there is heaps we want to see so thats the plan currently.

Paris is the greatest city in the world, hope you are there for around 5 nights.

I think we are 2 days at the start and 4 at the end, so that’s exciting to hear. Ciao and Grazie, right?

Close enough

Paris is freaking awesome. Definitely do the catacombs, but get there early (and you’ll probably still have to wait to get on) but it’s worth it. Just amazing.

And I second Rossoneri’s comments about the French. Learn some very basic greetings, please/thank you etc and you’ll find them very friendly and welcoming.

In Beijing today, I was offered a bargain on a genuine Emropio Armani T shirt.

Paris is freaking awesome. Definitely do the catacombs, but get there early (and you’ll probably still have to wait to get on) but it’s worth it. Just amazing.

And I second Rossoneri’s comments about the French. Learn some very basic greetings, please/thank you etc and you’ll find them very friendly and welcoming.

Particularly if you say loudly “je suis australien, pas anglais”

I bought some of those “genuine originals” in bangkok early this year, then wore them into their head stores in Orchard rd Hong Kong a week later. Just curious if they could spot the difference, or would say something to me. But not a word.

French are not rude. It’s a load of crap.

Italians are worse.

Drove from cagliari to alghero today, took in the sights along the coast, about 3 hours all up. If you go to Sardinia then it is worth spending a couple of days in each city and driving from one to the other.

Ciao and Grazie, right?
Dis gun be good.

Correction: seven languages. If I forget Catalan I’ll be in more trouble than TrevorBix above.
Ciao and Grazie, right?
Dis gun be good.

Correction: seven languages. If I forget Catalan I’ll be in more trouble than TrevorBix above.

When in Paris after a meal, when the waiter asks how was it you reply with “Yoplait”. Apparently it’s French for yum

Ha.

A few years back one of my dad’s mates picked up a ’ genuine ’ Tag watch when he was in Vietnam. Cost him about $30 or $40.

Anyway, it died shortly after he got back to Oz. He liked the watch so he took it to get it fixed. When he got it back the watch repairer recommended he get the thing insured. Turns out it was legit and not a knock off, and worth a few grand.

spent 2 weeks in Cagliari this time last year - stayed up in the old castello area…loved it…Beaches down south are next level. Migration issues were also pretty confronting.

French are not rude. It's a load of crap.
If they think you're English they are.
spent 2 weeks in Cagliari this time last year - stayed up in the old castello area..loved it...Beaches down south are next level. Migration issues were also pretty confronting.

What ■■■■■■■ language do they speak? It sure as hell ain’t Italian.

Beaches were beautiful. Also noticed their beaches weren’t very ethnically diverse.

If they think you're English they are.

Fair enough to Americans as well.

To all travellers, I can warmly recommend Hong Kong airport’s First Class Lounge, from whence this post is issued. Cathay does it well.

Except if you are English or have an English accent. They love Aussies and as others have said a few words of French does wonders
To all travellers, I can warmly recommend Hong Kong airport's First Class Lounge, from whence this post is issued. Cathay does it well.

Is there more room now? Last time I was there it was a very busy place but the shower stalls were excellent.