Tribunal/MRO 2023 & 2024 - Choose your own adventure continues

Baker still suspended for 1 match

So if Melican doesn’t play this week due to some kind of delayed concussion , which is a real thing, what happens then?

1 Like

He did. The AFL however wanted 4 weeks so the tribunal would have only given him 4 I reckon even if we pleased Not Guilty (which we 100% should have done IMO).

It’s possible we don’t have the best minds in the business

1 Like

I just saw the Baker footage. How on earth does Wright cop 400% of the punishment for what is arguably a less-intended action. This country’s f&@$ckd!

3 Likes

Wright concussed his opponent.

I still don’t buy this.

It was a crock of ■■■■.

1 Like

It was more hoping that pleading guilty and showing contrition may see a lesser penalty.

His opponent concussed himself.

And that’s the entire problem with this system. Wright pays for some pelican’s reckless self endangerment.

6 Likes

Yep, you put your head under a train and theres a definitive outcome, so no fault of Thomas. You run back with flight of ball and guess what, you might hit Thomas too, and still not Thomas’s fault when the 2 entities occupy the same space. The fat controller sending Thomas to the yard to be turned into a generator for this action is simply ridiculous but no longer surprising.

I notice Ginnivan has escaped MRO scrutiny for this forearm to O’Connor’s face after O’Connor spoiled Ginnivan’s marking attempt (2:07 to go in the last quarter.)

The AFL’s best legal minds determined that there was no way to book him.

3 Likes

I think they didn’t like the optics of admitting they missed free kicks he should have been paid and then have MRO charge him.

6 Likes

Two wrongs make a… third wrong?

2 Likes

Maybe O’Connor should have retaliated and then it would have made some news. Divvyvan needs a smack to the chops.

1 Like

pickett 1 week

1 Like

Geez pretty rough on 2MP when a clearly malicious act gets a quarter of his suspension.

Can’t wait for an Essendon player to do the same thing and get 6 weeks, with the media unanimously calling for their blood.

That’s has to be two weeks. He’s elbowed a guy in the melon ffs.