Tribunal/MRO 2023 & 2024 - Choose your own adventure continues

Tom Browne on X stating that Jeremy Finlayson has been suspended for 15 weeks for a homophobic slur at an Essendon player.

15 weeks? Wow, that was unexpected if correct.

Amazing people are still falling for that fake account.

3 Likes

It’s the fake one? Oh well.

1 Like

@NotTomBrowne, please confirm.

2 Likes

It’s a troll account.

I’m waiting for one of the big names to do what Wright did, and hear the commentators (and the MRO) say “what alternative did he have? The guy running back into him should be looking out for his own safety”

I still remember Peter McKenna defending Plugger late in 1996 at the MCG when he belted Ricky Olarenshaw who was just shepherding for Plugger’s opponent.

4 Likes

Forgotten the login details.

The AFL will probably suspend the Essendon player for acting in a homosexual manner.

The narrative around it has been that is an “unfortunate incident.”

1 Like

John Ralph said on Fox Footy more likely a fine than suspension. They are just totally guessing haha

Edit: just read comments was a fake account.

Surely a ban will be incoming? If it was a racist comment he would absolutely be banned. It needs to be treated the same way.

1 Like

They didn’t suspend Clakko so I doubt they will suspend Finlayson.

2 Likes

Nah just a fine and some community work is what I would expect.

It should be treated the same as Walker’s racist comment but it won’t be. Finlayson has come out early to mitigate his culpability and the AFL’s kidglove treatment of Clakko will ensure leniency for Finlayson.

If it turns out that the EFC player is in fact gay then Finlayson is going to be in serious trouble.

The way we played on Friday, the lgbtq community would disown him. And I don’t blame them.

“Can I have your phone number big boy?”
“Get farked you bomber ex private school daddy’s boy”
Have to wait for the facts to come out.

On a serious note though, I bet the club make a bigger statement about this than when 2MP got done.

Yeah ok.

I think what Finlayson has said about the words he used is pretty telling.

Just funning with you big O

1 Like

Forgarty gets one match after Voss calls it a great contest with both players keeping their eyes on the ball. Fark carlton.

Findayson will be OK. Afterall, he’s really got on the front foot with his admission.

1 Like