Tribunal/MRP 2022

The AFL said at the start of the season that factoring in potential to cause injury to the impact grading is only compulsory for “any Careless or Intentional Forceful Front-On Conduct or Rough Conduct (High Bumps.)”

So not including, for example, sling tackles.

But note the word ‘compulsory’ rather than ‘applied’. If they wanna get ya, they will.

1 Like

How the actual fk was Cotchin not rubbed out? Leroy got a week for kicking and not making contact…

2 Likes

I mean, the answer is pretty clear.

1 Like

Sydney argued Rowbottom did not deliver a bump and there was no contact to Merrett’s head.

I’m struggling to work out if this is just bad journalism or this is really their approach, because it was clearly a bump and zac got up and felt his nose

I’m pretty sure Sydney turned up expecting that the “We’re Sydney” defence was all they needed.

2 Likes

It’s legitimately what they argued. It was laughable.

2 Likes

The Hipwood push looks pretty deliberate from this angle

1 Like

That’s the other player’s fault. You can’t suspend him of that footage

2 Likes

According to the Tribunal Guidelines it’s a fixed financial sanction… but they’re only “guidelines.”

Yeah I don’t think it’s deliberate… I think the defender goes to cut off his run and make contact to stop momentum. Then hipwood pushes or bumps to maintain separation.

Deliberate…and obviously deliberate.

I haven’t forgiven him for elbowing Ridley in the head last year, concussing him. Not even cited, of course.

15 Likes

How about the stops in the face of Myers.

2 Likes

I cant see how Hipwood could argue that wasn’t deliberate.

I mean it worked perfectly, umpire couldn’t see what hit him, and Hipwood got seperation from his man.

But yeah cameras everywhere, and that was a good angle that showed it was deliberate.

1 Like

hes a flog and always has been, but all his non-citings will mean he has a good rep, yet always has these questionable moments.

for those sitting in the back, flog.

2 Likes

Why was this referred to the tribunal? If the MRO thought it was deliberate just fine him.

hit him with a disrepute charge

1 Like

Dude looks like a lady

Probably because it appears he deliberately shoved the Bulldogs player into the umpire then goes on to be free and have a shot on goal.

This isn’t some accidental incident, it is a deliberate action to create space for himself. If they allow him to get away with it then it will be open slather on shoving your opponent into an umpire.

2 Likes

Yeah but I don’t get why it needs to go to the tribunal? Why can’t they just have a set penalty?

“ A new Tribunal guideline of Intentional Umpire Contact has been created to cover actions that are aggressive, forceful, disrespectful or demonstrative, while a new offence of Unreasonable or Unnecessary Contact will allow players to be fined for offences that fall between intentional and careless contact.

The MRO will also apply fines more strictly to players who make incidental careless umpire contact after setting up behind an umpire at bounces; run through the umpire’s exit path; and attempt to use an umpire as a block to escape taggers.”