Tribunal/MRP 2022

They send stuff directly to the tribunal when they have a desired outcome that doesn’t fit the current rules.

I would be happy with a 1 week penalty.
Zerk vs Joe Dan or McStay.

And an uggo at that.

Peter Wright, Essendon, has been charged with Striking Patrick McCartin, Sydney Swans, during the fourth quarter of the Round 16 match between Essendon and the Sydney Swans played at the MCG on Saturday, July 3 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Cant remember seeing anything more significant than the 2 whacks in the head to Jones in the 4th.

Whack to the ribs. Was a bit “clumsy”, but he wasn’t playing as a ruckman at the time and therefore the incident can’t be ignored as such.

Was worth the fine, was a nice clip

3 Likes

Could argue that he was trying to push but only because the ump couldn’t see him do it.

Then argue that as a footballer he is very uncoordinated.

Hipwood should get off. Other player clearly moved to get in hi path. Not much else he could have done.

1 Like

Hipwood fined

Umpires are a treasure of our game, respect them. Do not raise your arms, please.

Push someone in to umpire. Ok, hand over some dollar bucks.

4 Likes

I agree looking at the footage but the decision is wrong. If he was guilty it should have been a game to set an example. As usual the BS tribunal decision is in the middle of the road without any logical sense. I think On the Couch last night one of the panelists said it’s with games or nothing. No on between but that’s the AFL for you.

3 Likes

Good for us, their forward line is way too tall.

Dons by 74

1 Like

I’m surprised he got off. I don’t see much difference in pushing someone into an umpire and pushing an umpire.
Not really showing a great respect for the umps which I thought was what the AFL are trying to do?

2 Likes

Should have been a free kick and goal to 2mp for blocking him from the margins contest. Needs some pointers from Harry McKay did 2mp

Hipwood should’ve gone for 4 reduced to 2 in mitigation and copped a fine. He knew what he was doing and what happened. 3 seconds later marks in space for a shot. Give it a break …

I’m no umpire protector but tribunal set a dodgy precedent with letting this one go.

4 Likes

You do realise that they don’t do precedents. Next one up may get weeks or a similar fine, depends on who they are and where they are from.

3 Likes

Hipwood, along with notable other forwards, have been known to push an opponent into a pack, similar to what he did on the weekend only this time it was an umpire. Very dangerous manoeuvre on the footy field.

And it’ll get justified either way. Player gets fine: consistent with Hipwood. Player gets suspended: now that Hipwood’s been disciplined players should know better.

3 Likes

… and a bit of who they are playing next week.

3 Likes