Tribunal/MRP 2022

Can someone explain how there are reports and suspensions in unofficial practice matches?
Some games had 6 quarters with different players in each.
Can Hurley get reported for elbowing in kick to kick on the other oval if one of the chumps sees it?

AFL in December: we’re going to crack down on high contact

AFL after round 1: this is fine, zero weeks

1 Like

he was attacking the footy careless.

should have been a free kick and shot on goal for Rowell.
umpire didn’t pay it and rioli played a part in a eagles goal
and could almost have turned the match result.

i’m not too worried whether he is suspended or not. I thought it was worthy of being looked at like Drapers hit which resulted in a fine.
But I’m annoyed no one is asking why the umpire didn’t deem the high contact worthy of a free kick. couldn’t just be the WA effect of home crowd.

1 Like

How the hell he get off? Should have copped s second week as soon as he appealed.

2 Likes

Ummm… what? No fan of ryder but there is no way that is even a fine

2 Likes

Yeah, Fark Ryder but that’s a fine at absolute worst

1 Like

Ryder getting 2 weeks for that and Ben Brown getting 2 (reduced to 1 with a guilty plea) for literally whacking someone in the face is mind boggling.

I know that VFL have a different system but geez, consistency is required.

There isn’t any sane reality in which that is two weeks.

Also, â– â– â– â–  Ryder

5 Likes

So what was this “incident” that Parish was fined for?
Redman got away with one.
Rachelle got pinged, presumably for hitting Devon.
Parish?
Umpire abuse???

Player went off with concussion, always going to be a suspension when that happens.

1 Like

I know, but it shouldn’t be. Ryder was running in to put pressure on the player with the ball. Nothing wrong with that. Player disposed of ball. Okay. Ryder stops. Player runs into him.

That’s the other player’s fault, not Ryder’s.

4 Likes

I saw one of our guys give one of their guys a shifty little one after a tackle…

I still think Ryder stopped and propped and Day ran into him.

In this picture Day’s eyes are down focusing on the ball drop and the kick. I’m not sure he was actually aware of Ryder, or at least not aware of how close Ryder was. They’re only a couple of steps apart.

In this picture Day has disposed of the ball, looks up, you can see by Ryder’s weight distribution that he’s stopped moving and has braced his front foot, whereas Day is still moving forwards.

Then in this picture Day’s arms make contact with Ryder’s shoulder, and their heads are at the same height due to Ryder’s bent knees (Day is 191cm, Ryder 197cm.)

Ryder ducks his head to avoid the head clash. Day has forward momentum, but the contact with Ryder means his torso stops. However as there’s no initial head contact, Day’s forward momentum means his head keeps moving forwards, and whiplash makes Day’s head hit Ryder in the back.

If an oppo player runs into a stationary Ryder, I don’t see why it’s Ryder who has the responsibility to ensure that the oppo’s player’s head doesn’t make contact with him.

5 Likes

Does not deserve suspension.

But really Ryder could have dived to smother the kick.

Think that was Redman.
Quelle surprise!

1 Like

Discussed in the Redman thread

3 Likes

Yeah and that’s the attitude the afl is trying to change so that 90% of tv deals don’t go to paying out concussions damage to former players come vegetablea.

3 Likes

Gee, a $1000 fine for kicking. The AFL really has lost the plot. Also hand back yr Brownlow mate.

1 Like

So the afl came out and said Hawkins “exaggerated contact”, but he wasn’t fined for diving??

Also Cotchin is a grub, if you stud someone in the leg you can cause massive damage, but nah he is a media darling so he is all good

6 Likes