Tribunal/MRP - from 2021 - head-butting of fists is allowed

I had a lovely afternoon with a mate and our respective broods in Torquay, kids played outside, wives chatted outside, we cheered like maniacs when sheed nailed the winner

Something about AFL games only counting for half. Dustin Fletcher was close by the end too.

What do you reckon this would get today?

Edit: It got five weeks, btw.

1 Like

AFL looking at appealing it.

2 Likes

I hadn’t realised what a cheap sniper Bickley was, he’d probably get 10 plus today.

They might be out this weekend. Then it kind of isn’t.

Probably should be ineligible for the Brownlow next year?

Buuuut…it happened this year?

1 Like

Don’t think you have to worry about dear Toby getting to the end of next year and still being eligible.
What’s his average number of games without being charged with anything?
Reckon it’d be around every 8 games.

It would be referred directly to the tribunal, who knows what they’d do. Regardless 5 weeks seems light. I’m glad that sort of cheap shot is gone from the game

2 Likes

I got suspended for four weeks for hitting an umpire. He got a life ban for hitting me first.

Not sure Toby deserved a suspension, there was not much in it and Umpire didn’t go all precious when it happened.

4 Likes

I reckon this is a joke. Are they seriously trying to pretend they didn’t have a big say in the outcome already?

3 Likes

A ■■■■ pull to make those talent-less yellow maggots feel like they are more special than what they actually are. Really, you could pluck 3 random umps from the Geelong Football League that would be more consistent than the farkers we had on Sunday. They aren’t “special”, they get heaps of dough to do a job, and regularly fark it up due to their own preconceived ideals on players and on clubs.

Anyway…the fix was in for Toby getting what he got…the rest is AFL media eye candy

2 Likes

They put these comments out to make the tribunal look “independent”. It would make a lot of sense if the ages of the tribunal members were paid for by the AFL.

Yet another governance issue relating to the AFL…

1 Like

Gill perplexed by the tribunals decision?
Welcome to our world every week ya ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ jockey!:fu:

7 Likes

Gil has given himself 48 hours to respond to the AFL for disrespecting the tribunal.

4 Likes

If the AF/Gill are serious about being “perplexed” they could just deregister him, a la Matthews, for another 3 weeks

1 Like

massive conflict of interest from gil and not for the first time …

you cant say i and we are not happy with the decision …

it should be a no comment on anything in regard to it until after any appeal is finished…

1 Like

the AFL just get it wrong on so many different levels it almost defies belief.

4 Likes

So Gill employs experts to do a job, pays them the big bucks, then being the “all knowing one”, proceeds to undermine them….fark off Gill and do your own job a bit better then you currently do and leave the expert decisions to…you guessed it, the experts.

Arrogant twat

3 Likes

I’ll expand on that, only got his job cause he was the hacket man for the most corrupt CEO that the AFL has ever had…which is something, cause they have had some doosies

1 Like