Triple J Hot 100 nominations

NIN is to intellectual for the commoners.

QOTSA might have a shot.

I’ve had my troll face on all day!

You son of a gun.

I'm a long time JJJ listener and I loved the morning show with Francis leach back in the day. These days I listen with hope, hope that rock will eventually return and claim it's rightful throne. JJJ seems lost ATM in believing Oz hip hop, DJ wank and soft ■■■■ "indie" will suffice. The J's of the eighties and nineties ■■■■■ slapped their commercial rivals. These days they sadly struggle to remain relevant.

Unfortunately I don’t listen to much modern music. Triple J during the late 90s was playing the genres of music I still prefer.

Would like to see Queens of Stone Age get the number 1 song even though I haven’t heard their latest album. Such an underrated band and I’m spewing I won’t be able to see em in Feb.

If I had to nominate 1 song from this year it would be Supremacy by Muse. Panic Station is good, but Supremacy is just brilliant.

Going by late 90s voting, Muse shouldn’t be in it, but if Daft Punk are in, then Muse should also be in.

But I fully expect Daft Punk to get the number 1 song.

If I had to nominate 1 song from this year it would be Supremacy by Muse. Panic Station is good, but Supremacy is just brilliant.

Agree on Supremacy. That song is epic and completely over the top - in a good way! When I heard that main guitar riff come in for the first time, and then the vocal histrionics, my jaw just dropped.

Agree on Supremacy. That song is epic and completely over the top - in a good way! When I heard that main guitar riff come in for the first time, and then the vocal histrionics, my jaw just dropped.
They replicate that amazingly well live. They were great last night and hopefully just as good tonight.
It's the only thing I like about Muse. Great guitar riffs and vocals.

Is it just me or is Get Lucky the most highly rated, SUPER average song in years?

Jeez, the number of people who no longer fall inside Triple J's age demographic....

Voted.  Yay.

The two NIN tracks were probably 11 and 12.

blurred lines.

mmmm bop.

<insert comment about how I dumped JJJ YEARS!!! ago because I'm cool cool cool, not because my musical tastes no longer matched theirs>

Although... is that flog Kingsmill still there? He'd have to be 85 by now.

I don’t understand why Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee don’t host a show on Triple J, imagine how good that’d be, especially with a playlist that would suit music fans, not just a demographic of hipsters. Anyway, ABC Dig music on Digital radio is infinitely better than what Triple J is currently.

Anyway, these are my nominations for 2013 Hottest 100. None of these will make the top 100’ though they probably should do. The Bogans usually influence the years 100 list.

Primal Scream – it’s alright, it’s ok

Mazzy Star – In the Kingdom

The Strokes – All the Time

Alice in Chains – Voices

Boards of Canada – Palace Posy

The Murlocs – Space Cadet

Queens of the Stone Age – I Appear Missing

Pearl Jam – Mind Your Manners

My ■■■■■■ Valentine – New You

The Bronx – Youth Wasted

can anyone recommend aic's new stuff?

im a die hard who doesn't want the disappointment. (still shattered after spaghetti incident).

<insert comment about how I dumped JJJ YEARS!!! ago because I'm cool cool cool, not because my musical tastes no longer matched theirs>

Although... is that flog Kingsmill still there? He'd have to be 85 by now.

Yeah, he's still there.  Desperately needs to be moved on though.  IMHO it was when Arnold Frollows (sp?) left and Kingsmill got the music director job that JJJ really started to head downhill.

I have hopes they're starting to be on the improve a little though.  I think that after the 20yrs hottest 100 thing they did earlier in the year, when I think 3 hiphop tracks made it into the 100 despite that sort of thing being mercilessly flogged at about 50% of JJJ airtime for the past decade, some people got a little embarrassed and started playing some actual music again.

A couple of years ago you couldn't turn JJJ on without copping some halfwit going on about 'ma ■■■■■■' and 'bad ■■■■■■■' in some incredibly faked-up accent, but that sort of thing has really thinned out over the past 6 months it seems to me.

I changed my mind. Best song on AM is I Wanna Be Yours. Perfection.

im a die hard who doesn't want the disappointment. (still shattered after spaghetti incident).

Yep, though it depends on which AIC is your bag.  If you prefer the grungey, sludgey, one-paced tempo of the Three-Legged Dog album, then have a listen to the latest album The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here (my personal highlights - Stone, Phantom Limb, Scalpel).  If you prefer a mix of the grungier and the more acoustic sides of AIC, then take a listen to Black Gives Way To Blue (my personal highlights - A Looking In View, Your Decision, Check My Brain).

The production of the new albums is infinitely better than any of the earlier albums (which in hindsight are blighted by that horrible gated drum sound).  The new guy (William Duvall) makes a reasonable fist of things though he mainly provides harmony vocals, with most of their songs now tending to have Cantrell on lead vocals. 

I guess one could argue that the albums now lean a little more towards being Cantrell solo albums, however for mine they are elevated above that by the mix of Duvall and Cantrell's voices which come eerily close to replicating those of Staley & Cantrell at times.  It was always the vocal interplay of AIC which elevated them above the majority of the grunge pack of the 90's.

Unfortunately I don't listen to much modern music. Triple J during the late 90s was playing the genres of music I still prefer.

I think that your music tastes are defined in your teenage years, and thats the music you will always find the stuff you liked the best.

Triple J is a shadow of its former self in the late nineties in my opinion, but their target market is probably not 30 year olds.

Yep, though it depends on which AIC is your bag.  If you prefer the grungey, sludgey, one-paced tempo of the Three-Legged Dog album, then have a listen to the latest album The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here (my personal highlights - Stone, Phantom Limb, Scalpel).  If you prefer a mix of the grungier and the more acoustic sides of AIC, then take a listen to Black Gives Way To Blue (my personal highlights - A Looking In View, Your Decision, Check My Brain).

The production of the new albums is infinitely better than any of the earlier albums (which in hindsight are blighted by that horrible gated drum sound).  The new guy (William Duvall) makes a reasonable fist of things though he mainly provides harmony vocals, with most of their songs now tending to have Cantrell on lead vocals. 

I guess one could argue that the albums now lean a little more towards being Cantrell solo albums, however for mine they are elevated above that by the mix of Duvall and Cantrell's voices which come eerily close to replicating those of Staley & Cantrell at times.  It was always the vocal interplay of AIC which elevated them above the majority of the grunge pack of the 90's.

Voices is one of my songs of the year, and I was never really a fan.

Whale and Wasp is by far my favourite AIC track.

IMO the newer albums sound better than the older stuff (production wise)

But man they drag some songs out.