Twilight Driving
Methyl Ethel
Be Together {Ft. Wild Belle}
Major Lazer
True Friends
Bring Me The Horizon
Hell Boy
Seth Sentry

Sorry for the stupid formatting and backwards order. Stoopid Triple J.
Yay Hell Boy.
Really thought Indian Summer would be a lot higher.
Glad nobody cares is so low. Typical Triple J quirky folk rubbish.

Big Jet Plane {triple j Like A Version}
Tuka
Depreston
Courtney Barnett
Down To Earth {Radio Edit}
Flight Facilities
Delete {triple j Like A Version}
Sticky Fingers
Heart Attack {Ft. Owl Eyes} {Radio Edit}
Flight Facilities
Happy Song
Bring Me The Horizon
Begin Again
Purity Ring
Party Machine
The Bennies
High By The Beach
Lana Del Rey
Gemini {Ft. George Maple}
What So Not

Begin Again bodes well for much higher placings for other Purity Ring songs. Yay for that.
Delete’s a good song, but I’ve never heard the cover. Seems excessive.
Bring Me The Horizon and Lana seem appropriately placed.

Flesh Without Blood
Grimes
Anchor
Birds Of Tokyo
Once
Ngaiire
Powerful {Ft. Ellie Goulding/Tarrus Riley}
Major Lazer
Elevator Operator
Courtney Barnett
Suddenly
British India
Lay Down
DMA’s
Weathered
Jack Garratt
Wolves
The Cat Empire
Everyday {Ft. Rod Stewart/Miguel/Mark Ronson}
A$AP Rocky

I like Anchor. Even if, again, it’s a perfect example of the sort of folk music you need to play to get on Triple J.
Wolves is an interesting song.

The top 100 discussions mean nothing until there is the timeless Principal Skinner MEME.

'Cause I’m A Man
Tame Impala
Omen {Ft. Sam Smith}
Disclosure
Walk The Wire
Boy & Bear
L$D
A$AP Rocky
Don’t Wanna Fight
Alabama Shakes
M.O.B.
Tkay Maidza
Give Me A Try
The Wombats
Shutdown
Skepta
Forces {Ft. Airling}
Japanese Wallpaper
What Kind Of Man
Florence + The Machine

Good result for Tame Impala, given that’s not even close to their most played song, Parkway Drive looking alright too with a lesser song clocking in at 58.

OK, think that this will be it, but likely to change if I see something in the final list that the J's put up that I had forgotten about....

Jarryd James - Do You Remember
Leikeli47 – Heard Em Say
Ratatat - Cream On Chrome - #52
Major Lazer - Powerful - #74
Django Django - First Light
Purity Ring - Heartsigh
Ngaiire - Once - #73
Hermitude - Ukiyo
L-Fresh The Lion - Get Mine
Meg Mac - Never Be

OK, I got three in the 1st half.

Come on remaining songs bring it home in the top 50.

Loud Places {Ft. Romy}
Jamie xx
Leave A Trace
Chvrches
Long Loud Hours {Ft. Bertie Blackman}
Urthboy
Eventually
Tame Impala
Counting Sheep
SAFIA
All My Friends {Ft. Tinashe/Chance The Rapper}
Snakehips
Alright
Kendrick Lamar
Delilah
Florence + The Machine
Swear Jar
Illy
Ship To Wreck
Florence + The Machine
Puppet Theatre {Ft. Peter Bjorn & John}
Claptone
Hold Me Down
Halsey
Pedestrian At Best
Courtney Barnett
Something About You
Hayden James
Throne
Bring Me The Horizon
Go {Ft. Q-Tip}
The Chemical Brothers
Dynamite {Ft. Allday}
Asta
Crushed
Parkway Drive
Too Much Time Together
San Cisco
Deception Bay
BOO SEEKA
Clearest Blue
Chvrches
Cream On Chrome
Ratatat
Monday
Matt Corby
Working For It
ZHU x Skrillex x THEY.
Multi-Love
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Alive
Sia
Foolish
Alpine
Vice Grip
Parkway Drive
Run
Alison Wonderland

Sia is impressive. The J’s play that song but it’s kind of obviously a guilty pleasure kind of thing for them, far more than Swear Jar ('kin really? I know the J’s like their novelty songs, but come on…).
Crushed is disappointing. Thought Eventually would be higher.
Very, very happy Kendrick is so low.
No Daniel Johns at all? Huh.

Drake is played on JJJ? My wordy lordy.

Watch Hotline Bling go top 5 (no I didn’t vote for it)

Drake sucks ■■■■. He is no better than those other autotune “r&b” (which it is absolutely not) hacks, such as t-payne, chris brown and whatever other ■■■■■ are on foxy fm.
And hipsters like him. They can get farked. Go and listen to fox and admit you are into that stuff.

Sorry for the snobby post.

Hotline Bling 14.
Down to the top ten.
Hallelujah and Let It Happen conspicuous by their absence.

Let It Happen no. 5.
sad face

Has this thing finished yet?

Has this thing finished yet?
It would have, if old man Wim would stop starting the thread every year.

I still like at least 5% of this stuff!

I don’t know about anyone else, but I just heard what won … and for the 2nd year running I’m left slack jawed & completely “what the fked” over it.

I am nonplussed, in fact I don’t think I’ve ever been less plussed, … almost minused.

i don’t get the Courtney Barnett love.

maybe I’m not cool enough, but it just sounds like a pub rock version of aussie hip hop.

i don't get the Courtney Barnett love.

maybe I’m not cool enough, but it just sounds like a pub rock version of aussie hip hop.

I can only speak for myself, but, … a lot of new music is good, … but once you’ve been around a while … (let’s say you’ve been listening to pop/rock music since you were 5 which comes to sigh say 45 years or so) … there’s very little, new, different, and completely original under the sun.

Courtney fitted that bill more than anything coming out of Australia for many many years. … In fact her style is unique on a world wide basis. I can’t think of anyone ever quite like her with her arrangement & structure, lyric sense & style, coupled with the slightly deadpan vocal delivery. It’s not until you get to some of the lesser heard tracks you hear she actually has a good voice & a good range.(Eg: Anonomous Club)

I dislike repetition, & the song Depreston comes unstuck when it repeats the chorus ad nauseum for the last half of the track, & she does that on a few songs which is disappointing IMO, but that’s the only criticism for mine.

I’m really looking fwd to what she might produce as she matures & hopefully grows out of doing that.

i don't get the Courtney Barnett love.

I can only speak for myself, but, … a lot of new music is good, … but once you’ve been around a while … (let’s say you’ve been listening to pop/rock music since you were 5 which comes to sigh say 45 years or so) … there’s very little, new, different, and completely original under the sun.

Courtney fitted that bill more than anything coming out of Australia for many many years. … In fact her style is unique on a world wide basis. I can’t think of anyone ever quite like her with her arrangement & structure, lyric sense & style, coupled with the slightly deadpan vocal delivery. It’s not until you get to some of the lesser heard tracks you hear she actually has a good voice & a good range.(Eg: Anonomous Club)

I dislike repetition, & the song Depreston comes unstuck when it repeats the chorus ad nauseum for the last half of the track, & she does that on a few songs which is disappointing IMO, but that’s the only criticism for mine.

I’m really looking fwd to what she might produce as she matures & hopefully grows out of doing that.

these are the kinds of responses that help me, I’m no music guru so have no idea about the intricacies etc. she’s super popular and killing it everywhere, so she must be doing something right! :slight_smile:

OK, think that this will be it, but likely to change if I see something in the final list that the J's put up that I had forgotten about....

Jarryd James - Do You Remember - #7
Leikeli47 – Heard Em Say
Ratatat - Cream On Chrome - #52
Major Lazer - Powerful - #74
Django Django - First Light
Purity Ring - Heartsigh
Ngaiire - Once - #73
Hermitude - Ukiyo
L-Fresh The Lion - Get Mine
Meg Mac - Never Be - #11

OK, I got three in the 1st half.

Come on remaining songs bring it home in the top 50.

Good only two in the top 50. Phew, for a minute there I was starting to think I was becoming too mainstream!

Songs I would have voted for had I remembered they were released in 2015:
Safia - Counting Sheep
Hayden James - Something About You
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi Love
Peking Duk - Say My Name

And like Bloodstained Devils I have also been listening to music for over 45 years. Started with the old 45s and 8 tracks and then migrated to cassette tapes, DAT, CD Rom and now MP3. Music is one of the spices of life. It can pick you up or pull you down, make you dance like your pants are on fire or cuddle up with a cutie when the slow songs come on.

I love that people come out with the comments that all new music is ■■■■, when more than likely the old music they used to/still do listen to was ■■■■ to start with.

I’m perfectly aware that most of the music I grew up listening to is ■■■■.
I love it anyway.