Troy Pannell & Leigh Fisher

What would you have done? Jumped the fence and got stuck into him?

I was at that game too. Umpiring was diabolically bad, and made to feel even worse because Goodes got a couple of staged ones.

We still booed an unconscious man off a ground, and then scratch our head years later as to why his umpiring has continued to have bias against us.

Whaddya mean booing? I was cheering like crazy.

8 Likes

You are making it sound like he wasn’t a blatantly cheating little git before he got knocked out.

The booing may have fed into it but he had still molested us many times before that game.

3 Likes

Sums it up for mine…Brown marks in the forward pocket for North in Q2, and Fisher awards the mark and points the wrong way…

The moron has zero clue what he’s doing

3 Likes

Remember what happened when Beau Waters (IIRC) ignored the ball, ran across a pack, with a raised elbow and sniped Watson and split his face open? The Weagles fans… did they cheer off a player who got injured in the line of duty, as is customary? No.

People need to get over this idea that Essendon fans have brought any of this on themselves by being snarky or unappreciative and that if we’re just nicer to everyone, everyone will be nicer back.
David Evans was nice. David Evans got bent over and took us with him.

Bullying always pays. It’s basically Hawthorn’s club motto. Stare journalists down. Do it in press conferences. Do it in trade week. Insinuate the umpires are cheats until they let you get away with it. It gets the crowd looking for it, and the more our crowd is involved the more frees we get our way. Call your media meathead mates and they’ll back you up if they think you’re throwing them a bone. Hawthorn pick awful people as president and coach and they do this stuff and it works.

11 Likes

As this exception to the rule proves.

1 Like

Bullying always pays is a fairly poor sentiment. Let’s not leap from these umpires being peanuts to let’s bully and harrass people. Bullying is vile.

This is a great clip.

The sad thing is that these are not the only blatant shockers. Another one was where Gleason marked, almost had his head taken off and had barely stood up when he was tackled - apparently after he started to play on, then the ump saw this and called “play on”, then the NM played heard the “play on” call and ran over the mark to tackle him, all of which supposedly occurred in the space of about 1 millisecond.

2 Likes

6_Hawthorn_players_sitting_on_Adam_mcphee.jpg

You all jizzed when Hooker bossed around that North kid and you’d ■■■■ again if we dished it out to Hawthorn.

1 Like

Do you not think WCE get a distinct advantage?

I honestly thought we were talking about Essendon and umpire Troy Parnell. You’re taking this discussion a bit broadly.

1 Like

Cheered when Pannall went down that night and booed him off. One of my favorite memories at the footy. ■■■■ that ■■■■.

7 Likes

My brothers were at that game

Said Swans supporters were jeering the unconscious prick too

Which makes no sense as those maggots literally gifted the Swans 80% of their goals that night

I did take it to a broader view because I think its a plan just crazy enough to work.
We could do to Pannell what wce have done to every single umpire: boo them until they stop paying the BS ones against us and start thinking some 50/50 ones should go our way too.

Plus, think how much Robbo and Caro would hate it.

2 Likes

I think during finals clubs should have the right to ‘reject’ up to three umpires for each game, much like how each party can reject a potential juror when a Jury is formed in court.

Hence avoid ■■■■■■ like Troy Pannell.

17 Likes

We were up and about until we realised a. we were sitting next to his quite upset parents and b. he was actually in a bit of a bad way. Still, its not like he wasn’t absolutely putrid before that - I am sure the booing didn’t help, but it didn’t flip him against us.

1 Like

I like the way that the AFL have created an entire industry and 24/7 channel of coverage with ■■■■■ like David fkn King saying “Mark LeCras should never play again on account of this missed tackle” but if any ANY player or coach says “yeah I don’t know why that free kick was paid… probably the wrong decision” they get reamed because we simply can’t be perceived to be being mean to the Umpires can we?

5 Likes

personally I think it’s pretty unfair to be singling out these two umps… especially when the entire umpiring ranks save for a couple are all utterly appalling.

I think you are living in blissful ignorance.

I envy that.

1 Like

say again? Ignorant to what? They’re terrible. Maybe the worst officiators in elite sport anywhere in the world. They’re ■■■■ and trying to officiate ridiculous rule interpretations.